PDA

View Full Version : Call down / flush v flush (low kicker)

JustToast
11-25-2004, 01:45 AM
Question is whether it's right to call down on this one or whether i should have dumped it at the turn raise -- when he clearly represented the made flush. Given the pot size, i'm not sure. No read at the time.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

River: (12 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 14 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 14 BB, between Hero and Button.</font>

pointcount
11-25-2004, 02:22 AM
On the turn you have
4 outs to the absolute nuts (Tens)
2 outs to a possible win (8's)
6 outs means you need to be getting 1:~7.5 + implied odds from the pot to call on the turn. I'd fold on the river unimproved.

ps&gt; someone double check my calculation!

Corkscrew
11-25-2004, 03:09 AM
He has 1 out to an almost certain win (Td), and 2 more outs to probable wins (the other two 8's), 3 outs to possible wins (the other three T's), plus the 9 flush outs which aren't terribly strong. There's a number of ways you could value all that, but let's call it 9 (4.5 for the flush outs, 1.5 for the straight outs, plus the normal 3 for the rest).

With 9 outs, you'd need 4.1-to-1 odds to call, which means it's correct to at least call. Personally, I might raise the turn here, but I'm not sure.

Edit: Whoops. My reading skills are poor tonight. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

pointcount
11-25-2004, 03:54 AM
Yeah see i knew it didnt sound right! I counted the 4 T where as the Td is the only one that provides the absolute nuts. That makes more sense