PDA

View Full Version : AKs in position

Aaron W.
11-25-2004, 12:48 AM
BB is a relatively new player (one orbit at the time, I think), so no read.

Paradise Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls, CO calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, CO checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, CO folds.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

River: (8.25 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 8.25 BB

Was the turn raise over the top? I figured that the card was enough of a scare card that a random player may bluff at it out of the blinds, but also fold to a raise. Once I got called, I decided I was likely behind a pair and would check behind unless I improved (as I did).

pointcount
11-25-2004, 01:14 AM
For a pot this big I dont think it's worth it. Then again HU villan is more likely to bluff this card.. Either way I dont think you're winning this hand enough time to warrant this raise. I'm going to wait for the "weak-tight" abuse coming my way...

jediael
11-25-2004, 01:14 AM
Definately fold the turn. Putting people on bluffes in such a small pot is going to lose you a lot of money

Frog321
11-25-2004, 01:27 AM
I would also have folded the turn. The likelyhood of a bluff is small as is the pot. Let it go.