PDA

View Full Version : Unreal String of Bad Beats on Ultimate Bet

hamstacker
11-25-2004, 12:39 AM
I have just had the most unbelievable string of suckouts in Ultiamte Bet tournaments. Basically, I have been sucked out on in something like 8 of the last 10 all-in showdowns over the last few days. On average, I am a 75% favorite. I am waiting for UB to provide me with the hand histories. I will post a follow-up with specifics. I know that internet poker is notorious for oddball shuffles but has anyone had a run like this? I am also curious what sites people have had the best experience with in terms of more "normalized" deals. I dont mind being sucked out on with normal frequency, but this is getting ridiculous.

jfresh
11-25-2004, 12:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
flame me, please

[/ QUOTE ]

translated.

Adde
11-25-2004, 12:50 AM
I will post a follow-up with specifics.

We have already seen that way to many times here, so you should really not bother.

Adde

BusterStacks
11-25-2004, 01:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I have just had the most unbelievable string of suckouts in Ultiamte Bet tournaments. Basically, I have been sucked out on in something like 8 of the last 10 all-in showdowns over the last few days. On average, I am a 75% favorite. I am waiting for UB to provide me with the hand histories. I will post a follow-up with specifics. I know that internet poker is notorious for oddball shuffles but has anyone had a run like this? I am also curious what sites people have had the best experience with in terms of more "normalized" deals. I dont mind being sucked out on with normal frequency, but this is getting ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is why I recommend moving up in limits where people respect your raises and don't go all in with trash. We are really interested in how this could have happened 8 out of 10 of your last showdowns because given the laws of probability, this is statistically unpossible!! You are correct about internet poker being notorious for oddball shuffles, especially when one hand is dominated. Earlier this year I was considering a class-action lawsuit against Party Poker when my aces got beat by runner runner 2-pair. Some douche called the flop with NOTHING. Naturally I berated him in the chat window afterwords, because if you're gonna call, you at LEAST need pot odds. One things for sure though, you need a LOT of luck to be long term winner, and maybe you should work on that. Try to get better at flopping sets, that's one thing that helped my game.

In the mean time, please start a new thread in several forums detailing your bad beats, especially if you had aces. I hate when people call my aces. Maybe we can get enough people together to really put some heat on poker sites and get them to stop rigging the game. Either that or start a new game just like hold 'em except your hole cards are face up. That should fix the problem. Let me know!!!

BusterStacks

<font color="white"> You are a moron. </font>

gabyyyyy
11-25-2004, 01:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This is why I recommend moving up in limits where people respect your raises and don't go all in with trash. We are really interested in how this could have happened 8 out of 10 of your last showdowns because given the laws of probability, this is statistically unpossible!! You are correct about internet poker being notorious for oddball shuffles, especially when one hand is dominated. Earlier this year I was considering a class-action lawsuit against Party Poker when my aces got beat by runner runner 2-pair. Some douche called the flop with NOTHING. Naturally I berated him in the chat window afterwords, because if you're gonna call, you at LEAST need pot odds. One things for sure though, you need a LOT of luck to be long term winner, and maybe you should work on that. Try to get better at flopping sets, that's one thing that helped my game.

In the mean time, please start a new thread in several forums detailing your bad beats, especially if you had aces. I hate when people call my aces. Maybe we can get enough people together to really put some heat on poker sites and get them to stop rigging the game. Either that or start a new game just like hold 'em except your hole cards are face up. That should fix the problem. Let me know!!!

BusterStacks

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you and spongetard related?

BusterStacks
11-25-2004, 01:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Are you and spongetard related?

[/ QUOTE ]

What? I don't get it. My second recommendation is that Party Poker stop letting people lose once they have gone on big rushes. I have already earned this money, if I continue to play it should be illegal for me to lose. Obviously.

SeanSkill
11-25-2004, 02:02 AM
So whats wrong with some bad beat stories anyway, I find them very amusing, after losing with AK 13 times in a row I love to hear about other peoples misery.

Scotty O
11-25-2004, 02:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Naturally I berated him in the chat window afterwords, because if you're gonna call, you at LEAST need pot odds.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are kidding me right? I didnt realize there was a rule you had to have pot odds. Someone spank me, I've been bad

IggyWH
11-25-2004, 02:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I have just had the most unbelievable string of suckouts in Ultiamte Bet tournaments.

[/ QUOTE ]

I said this to a guy on Party today...

If something unbelievable happens, doesn't that make you a moron for still saying it's unbelivable?

busguy
11-25-2004, 02:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I am waiting for UB to provide me with the hand histories. I will post a follow-up with specifics.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please. Please. Please don't.

No one (and I mean NO ONE) here cares about the specifics.

No one (and I mean NO ONE) here wants to hear your bad beat stories.

Trust me. I've got your back on this one.

/images/graemlins/frown.gif busguy

phixxx
11-25-2004, 03:35 AM
I CARE GUYS

busguy
11-25-2004, 03:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I CARE GUYS

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry, sloppy me.

I should have said, "no one, who isn't a conspiracy theorist, cares".

/images/graemlins/blush.gif busguy

KJ o
11-25-2004, 05:49 AM
Now you are being unfair to Gabyyyy. He clearly complained about Stars, not Party. Please apologize.

FlFishOn
11-25-2004, 08:51 AM
Picture this. 50 regular posters that play at UB all chime in during the same week with similar posts. Does this mean that UB has changed the way they deal? Probably not but how else could you ever have any idea that things are no longer what they were?

I play UB NL almost to exclusion. This week has seen 3 purely psychic beats*, beats that are logically impossible except from illogical morons. I've also suffered a lot of garden variety beats as well, KK raising pf losing to 63s as the most recent example. What's it all mean? Probably nothing. If 48 others post the same thing then maybe I'll start some reasearch.

* These are beats where a fold is beyond obvious yet your opponent calls anyhow and it appears like he 'knew' a card was coming. Example (from UB this week): F = 9s 4h 2d. I hold A9 and bet the pot VS 8h5h. This holding is one I call the phantom gutshot, a pigeon giving it a quick look sees the straight possibilities (or hits the wrong button). Either way, a fold is beyond question unless you knew that T=5 and river=8. And even then my bet on the turn should have folded most players.

At dinner tonight I'll say a special prayer for these players. After all they are paying my way through life.

PokerHund
11-25-2004, 09:35 AM
No doubt that UB-shuffle is rigged. I'm absolut serious here. What's happening there you won't find anywhere else (online or live)

47outs
11-25-2004, 10:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I am also curious what sites people have had the best experience with in terms of more "normalized" deals.

[/ QUOTE ]

*searching the word 'normalized'*

*word not found*

As far as deals are concerned, every site I've played at have random deals. Normal even?

[ QUOTE ]
I dont mind being sucked out on with normal frequency, but this is getting ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

Welcome to variance. aka: downswing aka: bad run.

outs

mackthefork
11-25-2004, 10:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am also curious what sites people have had the best experience with in terms of more "normalized" deals.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*searching the word 'normalized'*

*word not found*

As far as deals are concerned, every site I've played at have random deals. Normal even?Quote:

I dont mind being sucked out on with normal frequency, but this is getting ridiculous.

Welcome to variance. aka: downswing aka: bad run.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's 'normalised'. Welcome to variance, aka difference, aka not quite the same /images/graemlins/tongue.gif.

Regards Mack

Homer
11-25-2004, 10:51 AM
The probability of losing 8 or more of 10 all-in showdowns for which you were favored to win 75% of the time is:

C(10,8)*(.25)^8*(.75)^2 + C(10,9)*(.25)^9*(.75)^1 + C(10,10)*(.25)^10*(.75)^0 = .000416 or 1/2405

This would be an interesting result had you predicted this occuring prior to the 10 all-ins. In retrospect it means nothing. I'm sure you have had many strings of 10 all-ins for which you were favored to win 75% of the time. For each set of 10, you had a 1/2405 chance of losing 8 or more. If you play a lot of poker, you might have had 100, 1000 or 10,000 trials over the course of your playing career. If you had 100 trials (again, trials of 10 all-ins), the probability of losing 8 of 10 at least once is:

1 - (1-.000416)^100 = 4%

For 1000 trials, it is:

1 - (1-.000416)^1000 = 34%

If you combine all posters trials, it is exceeding likely that one or even many will have an event such as this occur.

Hence, all of the "this site is rigged" posts.

-- Homer

Chief911
11-25-2004, 10:52 AM
Waaah.

http://www.bettheriver.com/image/badbeatpolice.jpg

daryn
11-25-2004, 11:42 AM
what moron makes a pic like that and doesn't notice the spelling error? /images/graemlins/frown.gif

RollaJ
11-25-2004, 11:44 AM
On a related note..... dont forget the reload bonus

47outs
11-25-2004, 11:46 AM
Damn Daryn, I had to re-read that 3 times to find it.

This session has be WAY to long, imagine how many mistakes on the tables I've missed /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

outs

mcteecho
11-25-2004, 11:50 AM
I'm a lurker rather than a poster but I just wanted to declare that many of you are amusing.