PDA

View Full Version : Alexander the Great

Non_Comformist
11-24-2004, 11:38 PM
Big disappointment, I found Alexander any but great. I thought the movie was slow moving and at times droned on and on. The supporting characters were so poorly developed they were nothing more than faces with a few lines. The character of Alexander was also poorly done, I never once found myself caring about him or any of the other characters.

There are few good combat scenes especially towards the end with elephants. As well as some aspects of the story which were interesting but under developed.

No where near Gladiator or Troy.

Rating 2.0

Lazymeatball
11-25-2004, 12:27 AM
was Troy supposed to be good? I havn't heard anything about it that would put it in the same category as Gladiator.

Non_Comformist
11-25-2004, 12:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
was Troy supposed to be good? I havn't heard anything about it that would put it in the same category as Gladiator.

[/ QUOTE ]

No where near Gladiator, which I thought was great, but wasn't bad. Much better than Alexander IMO.

ClaytonN
11-25-2004, 12:35 AM
Gladiator ruled

Non_Comformist
11-25-2004, 12:41 AM
Another thought. You will hear a lot about the gay relationship Alexander has. There are strong homsexual undertones through out the movie but they serve only as a distraction instead of educating on Alexander, challenging beliefs of the viewer, or enhancing the story. I honestly have no idea what Stone was trying to accomplish here. I suspect it was to further Alexander's internal conflict between the influences of his father and mother but it fails miserably.

Perhaps it was just meant for historical accuracy but in that case it was over used.

Most likely he was just trying to be controversial

ilya
11-25-2004, 01:30 AM
Wow, it was worse than Troy?

Non_Comformist
11-25-2004, 01:48 AM
Could someone please explain A) who or what the antagonist was/is and B )what exactly the climax was.

Don't bother there was neither.

I was generous in my initial rating.