PDA

View Full Version : Optimal Strategy for 'Head Hunter' tournies

Apathy
11-24-2004, 09:27 PM
I am thinking of playing a new type of online tourny called 'head hunter' in which half of the prize pool is put into bounties and all players in the tourney have bounties on their heads. The bounties are different sizes based on your participation/success rate in previous tournies of this type.

Question: is there an optimal strategy to play tournaments where there is a bounty on ALL players?

The first thing that comes to mind is that marginal all in situation where calling and folding is close lean toward calling because of the prize money.

Also do you think it would be beneficial to have a high bounty on YOUR head or a small one???

-Peter

Ogre
11-24-2004, 11:36 PM
What site offers this type of tourny?

OGRE

VinnyTheFish
11-25-2004, 12:14 AM
play the same. A bounty tends to make people more aggressive.

I like them on JetSet. I usually money and only get a few bounties, because I play so tight. But the bounties range from $2 - $12.

I also knocked out Barb Enright at Royal for $50 and a T-shirt. Nice payday there too. No one at my local club was impressed. I'll see if I can impress the "once-a-monthers" on Saturday. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Apathy
11-25-2004, 03:20 AM
jetset is the site that offers them and vinny what is your name on it? mines the same as here.

VinnyTheFish
11-27-2004, 03:02 AM
I cashed out and left a bonus. I think it was VinnyTheFish. Good luck