PDA

View Full Version : TPTK - keep firing w/ 3-flush on the board?

elbuddha
11-24-2004, 09:17 PM
I'm flooding the board with a lot of hands, I know. But I'm in such a downswing I feel shellshocked, and I really need the feedback...

Villian seemed loose/passive.

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif. CO posts a blind of $0.25.
UTG calls, <font color="666666">4 folds</font>, CO (poster) checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, CO folds.

Flop: (8 SB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

River: (8 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 10 BB

Figured villian for a weak king. After he just called the turn, checking behind on the river never entered my mind.

Down 160+BB in 2300+ hands. Feel like I should just start assuming that whoever is left on the river has me beat...

pointcount
11-24-2004, 09:22 PM
This is a fine line? Golden rule is to keep showing strength until someone else shows greater strength. If he has the flush he is not getting value, and if he doesn't you are not getting value. Lose lose for you in my book. If he raises you just call it down.

shadow29
11-24-2004, 09:25 PM
nh

Piiop
11-24-2004, 09:35 PM
standardo

Ptolemy
11-24-2004, 09:41 PM
I'm playing this the same way. Was villian being "tricky" with his made flush? Probably saved you money in the end.

htc1278
11-25-2004, 03:52 AM
I play this the same way you did. If your opponent does have a set or a flush your play is fine (he didn't capitalize on the best hand and his lost opportunity is your profit).

For what it's worth whenever we've been at a table together I thought you've played well. Don't assume your beat at the river unless you're up against me, teeheehee. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

elbuddha
11-25-2004, 09:35 AM
&gt; For what it's worth whenever we've been at a table together I thought you've played well.

You as well. Funny how TAGs almost never contest the same pot /images/graemlins/wink.gif.

The table we were at a couple nights ago was very good to me (taking the LAG for rides was especially fun), and actually had me thinking the worst was over. Then yesterday I dropped another 60BB within 300 hands. But at least the worse it gets the better I find myself dealing with it.

Thanks for the votes of confidence /images/graemlins/cool.gif