PDA

View Full Version : Have you experienced obnoxious replys to your posts?

omahaChamp
11-24-2004, 08:06 PM
There seems to be a herd mentality here if you do not have 100s of posts and have "built up the respect thing" then your opinion does not count. One or two obnoxious people try to hound you. Perhaps appealing to the moderator will get them banned?
Anyhow we all enjoy poker and have something to contribute. Critisism is fine but name calling and one liners that are not relevant ????
What are your thoughts? Should we get them banned?

daryn
11-24-2004, 08:08 PM
F off.

omahaChamp
11-24-2004, 08:18 PM
This is the kind of stuff I am talking about.

daryn
11-24-2004, 08:21 PM
joke ( P ) Pronunciation Key (jok)
n.

Something said or done to evoke laughter or amusement,
especially an amusing story with a punch line.

A mischievous trick; a prank.

An amusing or ludicrous incident or situation.

Informal.
Something not to be taken seriously; a triviality: The accident was no joke.

An object of amusement or laughter; a laughingstock: His loud tie was the joke of the office.

Duke
[ QUOTE ]
This is the kind of stuff I am talking about.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're a retard.

~D

Porcupine
Daryn has 1000s of posts and has earned our respect.
I trust his opinion.

omahaChamp
11-24-2004, 08:30 PM
Sheep mentality my point exactly. So if Daryn jumps off a cliff you are going to jump off too?
Think for yourself buddy no one else will for you at the poker table. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

omahaChamp
11-24-2004, 08:34 PM
Well I dont have your 1000 posts. But you know what its not the number its the quality. Thanks for your wonderful contribution I am sure your other 1000 posts are just as illuminating. bty you seem to qualify for the type of person I am talking about.

Slacker13
11-24-2004, 08:47 PM
You seem very sensitive and in need of a hug.

M2d
11-24-2004, 08:49 PM
If Daryn explained why it was +EV, I'd probably trust him enough to take a header

AngryCola
11-24-2004, 08:51 PM
Slacker13
[ QUOTE ]
You seem very sensitive and in need of a hug.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.

If you go around saying silly things, people are going to call you on it on this forum. You will have to get used to it.

People are saying the things they are to you because of what you say IN COMBINATION with how few posts you have.

This thread isn't changing anyone's mind.

omahaChamp
11-24-2004, 09:10 PM
Good point I will post 10,000 posts by this time 2005!! lol /images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Sponger15SB
11-24-2004, 09:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If Daryn explained why it was +EV, I'd probably trust him enough to take a header

[/ QUOTE ]

C'mon man you can't be a wimp when the game is on the line...

http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/xp/empics/20040221/13/1261337792.jpg

....ya [censored]

andyfox
11-24-2004, 09:28 PM

Joseph Busti
11-24-2004, 09:38 PM
Duke is 1 of probably 10-15 people that actually know what they are talking about when it comes to poker that post on this site. Im betting you're one of the 10k that do not.

AngryCola
11-24-2004, 09:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Duke is 1 of probably 10-15 people that actually know what they are talking about when it comes to poker that post on this site. Im betting you're one of the 10k that do not.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right about Duke, but 10-15? I don't include myself in the top posters of this site, but I figure there are at least 70-100 quality posters. Some of them just don't post very frequently. /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Joseph Busti
11-24-2004, 09:48 PM
I will start.
1. Duke
2. Dynasty
3. Clarkmeister
4. Ed Miller
5. El Diablo
6. Josh W
7. Mason Malmuth
8. David Skalansky
9. Tommy Angelo
10. Im having a lot of trouble going past 9......

AngryCola
11-24-2004, 09:50 PM
gaming mouse
uudevil
bernie
Lorinda
BruceZ
Granny
The list goes on from there. I think there are more out there than you think. Those are just some of the names that popped into my head, after reading your list.

Joseph Busti
11-24-2004, 09:51 PM
Im sticking to my original 9 /images/graemlins/smile.gif

AngryCola
11-24-2004, 09:53 PM
BruceZ is one of the best posters on 2+2. You can stick to your top 9 all you like, but BruceZ and Lorinda are easily some of the top posters on 2+2. If you are implying they don't know poker, you would be very wrong.

EDIT- Also, no love for fossilman?

Sponger15SB
11-24-2004, 09:54 PM
I am trying to think of reasons why you are having trouble going past 9...

1. You're an ass

ahh i think that covers it

BusterStacks
11-24-2004, 09:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There seems to be a herd mentality here if you do not have 100s of posts and have "built up the respect thing" then your opinion does not count. One or two obnoxious people try to hound you. Perhaps appealing to the moderator will get them banned?
Anyhow we all enjoy poker and have something to contribute. Critisism is fine but name calling and one liners that are not relevant ????

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't have the power to get anyone banned, so let's stop that kind of talk right now.

Joseph Busti
11-24-2004, 09:59 PM
I have not read a post from any of the posters you named.

AngryCola
11-24-2004, 10:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, that shows how unqualified you are to be making a judgement on the best 2+2 posters. BruceZ and Lorinda post almost every day. Most of the others do, as well. Granny is a friggin legend! Try the Zoo for Granny./images/graemlins/spade.gif

EDIT - daryn knows what's up. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

daryn
11-24-2004, 10:01 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

bruzeZ is THE MAN when it comes to anything about statistics. he lives in the probability forum.

Joseph Busti
11-24-2004, 10:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]

1. You're correct

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree

BusterStacks
11-24-2004, 10:06 PM
How about if I can name 50 posters better than you, you promise never to post again. Deal?

Porcupine
11-24-2004, 10:11 PM
My post was another one of those tricky "joke" things - explained in this post joke (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Number=1302663&amp;page=0&amp;view=c ollapsed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=14&amp;vc=1)

I even used a smiley face icon and copied many of the same words/phrases from your original post as clues.

Sorry the humor was missed.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I need to get going.

Dr Wogga
11-24-2004, 10:14 PM
....take a deep breath, hold it - keep holding it Omahaman.....20 seconds, 30 seconds......c'mon you can do it......now squeeze your buttocks tight. Until your balls start to hurt as well.......50 seconds, 60 seconds....Excellent!! You made a minute!!! OK, exhale!!
Alright. Now F off you pompous dork /images/graemlins/grin.gif

omahaChamp
11-24-2004, 10:15 PM
Are you saying that there can be no grounds for geetting banned?

BusterStacks
11-24-2004, 10:16 PM
not for any of the reasons you stated.

Clarkmeister
11-24-2004, 10:16 PM
The only reasonable conclusion to draw from this post is that this is the only message board you've ever visited.

Joseph Busti
11-24-2004, 10:18 PM
This proves my point about the retardedness of posters. My original statement had nothing to do with being a good poster or not. It had to do with if you know/understand/play Poker well. And like I said, I cannot get past 9 people, maybe because I decide to ignore most peoples post but Im pretty sure thats not the reason. I named 9, but said there are probably 10-15. The idea of the first post was to correct a retard, as is the point of this post.

AngryCola
11-24-2004, 10:18 PM
I shouldn't laugh...

But I can't help it! Great post. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

AngryCola
11-24-2004, 10:20 PM
So you are saying that none of the posters I mentioned know how to play poker well, just because YOU haven't read any of their posts?

The fact that you haven't read any of their posts leads me to believe you don't know at all what you're talking about. They know their poker. I'm sorry you haven't read any of their posts, but most people who read this board a lot know who they are and respect them highly. I'm sure any of them would love to play you and have you demonstrate to them how they "don't know poker". /images/graemlins/spade.gif

EOMs

BusterStacks
11-24-2004, 10:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This proves my point about the retardedness of posters. My original statement had nothing to do with being a good poster or not. It had to do with if you know/understand/play Poker well. And like I said, I cannot get past 9 people, maybe because I decide to ignore most peoples post but Im pretty sure thats not the reason. I named 9, but said there are probably 10-15. The idea of the first post was to correct a retard, as is the point of this post.

[/ QUOTE ]

As I said, if I can name 50, will you promise not to post anymore...?

ThaSaltCracka
11-24-2004, 10:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
close to being the worst post ever.

omahaChamp
11-24-2004, 10:25 PM
Probably typical of yout 600+ posts why do you lurk here u are probably a janitor in a school. O rwork for a laxative company.
What were your posts about?? More of this? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

ThaSaltCracka
11-24-2004, 10:26 PM
just admit you are trolling and trying to make some absurd point, and then be gone!

omahaChamp
11-24-2004, 10:32 PM
Oh you are one of those 6000 posters. We should follow u over the cliff too. Typical of your posts 6000 posts of three words of wisdom each you are one of the top 5 buddy . I need to read your pearls of wisdom. So what was the worst post ever the one you wrote?
Come back with soemthing constructive. Dont drift through with 5 words and get another post to your belt. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Joseph Busti
11-24-2004, 10:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So you are saying that none of the posters I mentioned know how to play poker well, just because YOU haven't read any of their posts?

[/ QUOTE ]

pls reply with my quote stating this....

BusterStacks
11-24-2004, 10:35 PM
Dude. he has over 6900 posts. you have over 30. Doesn't that mean anything to you? Well it means something to us. It means:

1) we listen to him more than you
2) we like him more than you
3) he is probably more correct than you
4) YOU SUCK

omahaChamp
11-24-2004, 10:36 PM
Ogre I am trying to give people who have be put down by people like you the opportunity to make their feedback felt.
What happened just cos you got 600 posts do not count for nothing on this posting. Post why they are obnoxious to you or bust it.

BusterStacks
11-24-2004, 10:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ogre I am trying to give people who have be put down by people like you the opportunity to make their feedback felt.
What happened just cos you got 600 posts do not count for nothing on this posting. Post why they are obnoxious to you or bust it.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, what?! /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Joseph Busti
11-24-2004, 10:38 PM
You're just a champ of a poster, I decline your earlier offer, but am offering you the same.

ThaSaltCracka
11-24-2004, 10:38 PM
my post count is irrelavent, I have said that in fact, and anyone who thinks it means something is stupid. You come in here though and talk completely out of your ass, clearly trying to ignite something. No one walks around her with their chest out saying, "yeah look at me, I am a carpal and I am gonna punk newbies." Get that [censored] out of here man.

Most people on here are dicks, but so what, we are all dicks, and if you don't like it, you must be a pussy, because pussies don't like dicks, because pussies get [censored] by dicks.

Joseph Busti
11-24-2004, 10:41 PM
10. TheSaltCracka

AngryCola
11-24-2004, 10:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
lol, what?!

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

I don't know. He's very difficult to comprehend, for so many reasons. Maybe that's for the better. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

ThaSaltCracka
11-24-2004, 10:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
10. TheSaltCracka

[/ QUOTE ]
I hope no one sees this and then starts thinking I know a lot about poker. I can dabble, but there are several people on here I would defer to first.

AngryCola
11-24-2004, 10:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
10. TheSaltCracka

[/ QUOTE ]

So his incredibly funny statement somehow means he knows more about poker than BruceZ?

I doubt even TSC would agree with that.

BusterStacks
[ QUOTE ]
You're just a champ of a poster, I decline your earlier offer, but am offering you the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

how can you offer me the same. ugh this makes my head hurt.

Joseph Busti
Yeah but, that was funny.

AngryCola
lol!

Looks like we both thought to post the same reply. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

omahaChamp
11-24-2004, 10:46 PM
"we like him more than you"
What you know the guy he lives up the street from u?

So he has 6000 posts and two of them were here.The 2 he had here were non sense so what does that say about the other 5998 which were posted they were probably flames too.

Read my posts on O8 and many of the poker books then we can chat

AngryCola
11-24-2004, 10:48 PM
Okay.

[ QUOTE ]
Im sticking to my original 9

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
My original statement had nothing to do with being a good poster or not. It had to do with if you know/understand/play Poker well. And like I said, I cannot get past 9 people

[/ QUOTE ]

That means you are excluding the posters I mentioned from those that, in your view, "play well".

ThaSaltCracka
11-24-2004, 10:50 PM
&lt;yawn&gt; you can peruse my posts if you want, most of them aren't of the "flame" variety. Most aren't even about poker, which is fine with me, I happen to read a lot threads and post nothing in them. The only reason I have so many post on here is because of a few specific threads, mostly pertaining to sports and politics, so whatever, continue to troll, its fine, we are use to people like you... &lt;yawn&gt;

AngryCola
11-24-2004, 10:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Read my posts on O8 and many of the poker books then we can chat

[/ QUOTE ]

I read your posts on the poker books. In fact, I think this is where you got so angry. It was your first post, and you got upset because people didn't like what you were saying. They still don't like what you are saying. Have you noticed? It has nothing to do with how many posts you have, other than the fact that you just started posting here yesterday, and have barely said anything remotely intelligent.

Read TSC's post about how it has almost nothing to do with the amount of posts you have. EOMs to you.

BusterStacks
11-24-2004, 10:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

So he has 6000 posts and two of them were here.The 2 he had here were non sense so what does that say about the other 5998 which were posted they were probably flames too.

[/ QUOTE ]

best... logic... ever.

ThaSaltCracka
11-24-2004, 10:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
lol!

Looks like we both thought to post the same reply. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
LMAO /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I would be heartbroken if people started listening to my poker advice. Besides, anything I say probably has been said a million times already on here /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

ThaSaltCracka
11-24-2004, 10:53 PM
well, really all I do is go around flaming people, so I guess he has a point /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Joseph Busti
11-24-2004, 10:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
maybe because I decide to ignore most peoples post

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Still cant see where I said what you accused me of.

omahaChamp
11-24-2004, 10:54 PM
Your 3rd Obnoxious post has nothing new. what did you post about perhaps you are on the wrong forum. Your posts prove my point.You have not posted anything on poker maybe you are a dealer and dont play?

ThaSaltCracka
11-24-2004, 10:59 PM
how about this, omaha, why don't I go read a thread in the SSNL forum, and tell the OP that he should have folded preflop because he was out of position? Do I need to go do that? Do I need to go point out an obvious mistake that someone else will point out anyways? Do I really need to do that to prove to you(as if I need to or even care to prove anything to you) that I know something about poker? Most of the poker forums on here are redundant, its always the same problems, and people either refuse to accept that they played wrong, or else people refuse to accept they are wrong. I figured that out a while ago, which is partly why I don't post there anymore, because its a pain in the ass. Atleast in this forum(and a few others on here) I can atleast talk about things that are interesting.

AngryCola
11-24-2004, 10:59 PM
If you haven't read any of their posts, how do you know they don't play well? This has been my point all along!

We tried to inform you of your mistake, and you just defend yourself for no reason. It wasn't a personal attack. These people know their stuff. I'm sorry you don't know that for a fact, but it's true.

Your list was incomplete.

Thank you. /images/graemlins/spade.gif

ThaSaltCracka
11-24-2004, 11:00 PM
doesn't JB realize you have more posts than him, therefor he must listen and bow down to you.

AngryCola
11-24-2004, 11:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
doesn't JB realize you have more posts than him, therefor he must listen and bow down to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, what's with these kids today? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Joseph Busti
11-24-2004, 11:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
We tried to inform you of your mistake

[/ QUOTE ]

I still do not see that as a mistake, I left some room in there for a few more since as you pointed out, my list is incomplete.

omahaChamp
11-24-2004, 11:10 PM
For once I agree 100% with you. I would also add that a lot of people want to agree with each other. Its easy to say book x is great its hard to say why its actually not so great. Some of the posts I have seen on the books I have read are laughable. At least Malmuths replies on some of my postings made sense. /images/graemlins/heart.gif

ThaSaltCracka
11-24-2004, 11:20 PM
good, glad to see you have calmed down. Cheer up big guy! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

MMMMMM
11-24-2004, 11:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. Be grateful that with your 39 posts you have at least a fan or two.

[ QUOTE ]

Anyhow we all enjoy poker and have something to contribute.

[/ QUOTE ]

I sincerely doubt that we all enjoy poker, and am sure that some posters have nothing to contribute.

[ QUOTE ]
Critisism is fine but name calling and one liners that are not relevant ???? What are your thoughts? Should we get them banned?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know. What are your thoughts on this grave matter?

AngryCola
11-25-2004, 12:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
For once I agree 100% with you. I would also add that a lot of people want to agree with each other. Its easy to say book x is great its hard to say why its actually not so great. Some of the posts I have seen on the books I have read are laughable. At least Malmuths replies on some of my postings made sense. /images/graemlins/heart.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

This post is actually halfway decent. Good effort. The problem is that most of the people that have read your posts in the book forum thought your opinions were very ridiculous, and that's why you got all pissy. I may disagree with you, but at least you are showing signs of being able to conduct yourself in a more reasonable manner.

But anytime someone says something like this...

"Internet Poker by far the best book on NLH ever written."

...they should be expecting some negative replies. Your opinions on TJ's book(s) are also pretty off the mark, but that's not the point.

If you have a questionable opinion, people are going to disagree and possibly laugh at you. That is the nature of the 2+2 forums. Be prepared to stomach the criticism if you make ANY kind of post here, and don't be surprised if you get a lot of negative feedback. If that is something that is unacceptable to you, I suggest giving up on forums altogether. /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Non_Comformist
11-25-2004, 12:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]

1. You're an ass

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah agreed, get off your high horse. You are as bad as the cry baby who started this thread.

I think Daryn is sort of an ass, but the "F off" was hilarious as a first response.

Duke
11-25-2004, 12:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Well I dont have your 1000 posts. But you know what its not the number its the quality. Thanks for your wonderful contribution I am sure your other 1000 posts are just as illuminating. bty you seem to qualify for the type of person I am talking about.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, and your 39 posts whining about not being taken seriously are extremely insightful.

~D

Stork
11-25-2004, 01:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
We tried to inform you of your mistake

[/ QUOTE ]

I still do not see that as a mistake, I left some room in there for a few more since as you pointed out, my list is incomplete.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe if you stopped talking with your head up your ass, you'd realize that most people on these boards know what they're talking about, and to say that only 10-15 do is ignorant and rude.

Zeno
11-25-2004, 01:06 AM
I have been called, at various stages of my sojourn on 2+2: a Moron (also '100% Moron'), a Fascist, a pedantic something or other, a Bush (in reference to the current President mind you) Worshipper, a liar, and also told to get over myself by someone whose limit poker advice is second to none. So what. Respect is overrated.

I advise you to narrow your postings down and spent more time reading some good books.

Here are some suggestions to get you started:

“What Do You Care What Other People Think?’- by Richard Feynman

‘Ethics’- by Benedict de Spinoza

‘Unpopular Essays’ – by Bertrand Russell

‘Metamorphoses’ – by Ovid

‘Tough Trip Through Paradise’ – by Andrew Garcia

‘The Days of H. L. Mencken’ – by H. L. Mencken

Throw in some Mark Twain, Jonathan Swift, and Voltaire and then come back and post something worthwhile.

Thank you for not paying attention.

-Zeno: Zen Master and Supreme Ruler of the Secular Universe.

gabyyyyy
11-25-2004, 01:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have thousands of posts and hardly anyone respects me here.

I am quite happy that no one respects me on 2+2. I would start getting worried if people here started to respect me. I am on a different level than your average 2+2 punk. I can't expect them to understand me.

cnfuzzd
11-25-2004, 01:25 AM
wow,, gabyyyy's here,, this thread nears completion....

peace

john nickle

kyro
11-25-2004, 01:26 AM
TSC has almost 6000 posts and no one respects him.

Joseph Busti
11-25-2004, 02:44 AM
Good reply. I find it interesting how the VAAAAAAAAAAAST majority of the members on here are the one asking questions, while there is a small group that do the CORRECT answering. Yes im sure people on here know about poker, they know to fold 72 off, they know raising with j 10 UTG is baaaaad, But im talking about a TRUE UNDERSTANDING of the game and all of the concepts. Im standing firm with not being able to name more than 10. Of course there are others that I am forgetting, but im not way off in saying the number is EXTREMELY slim.

Michael Davis
11-25-2004, 02:47 AM
"TRUE UNDERSTANDING"

You can define this term any way you want. There are 200 or so people here, possibly more, that can make $50 an hour playing poker. This doesn't mean they have "true understanding" or whatever that is, but it does mean that their posts are worth considering and that they understand a whole lot about this game.

Of course there's a pecking order and basically the guys you listed form the upper echelon. But I think your claims were exaggerated.

-Michael

Joseph Busti
11-25-2004, 02:58 AM
I disagree. It means they can beat the party poker games, make 100's of mistakes but still show profit because of the huge volume of hands they are seeing an hour because they are multitabling. I had a friend that used to beat the party 2/4 game playing 4 tables for 52 dollars an hour, now thats an accomplishment. 6-8 tables of 3/6 making 50 is not.

ThaSaltCracka
11-25-2004, 03:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
no one likes you Kyro

pudley4
11-25-2004, 04:02 AM
You missed a bunch:

ray zee
paluka
mike l
snakehead
ikke
diplomat
skp
louie landale

I know there are many I left out, these are just off the top of my head.

Sincere
11-25-2004, 04:27 AM
Daryn, you're one of the biggest tools on this whole 2+2.

How else do you expect this guy to take it when you tell him to F off?

If you were trying to be funny It wasnt.

This guy has a legitimate beef. Most posters on 2+2 are rude obnoxious sarcastic pricks IMO. Your so called "joke post" only confirms my thoughts. Sorry if this hurts your feelings but its the bottom line truth.

Sincere
11-25-2004, 04:31 AM
You think GrannyMae knows what he/she is talking about when it comes to poker? This is obsurd. He/she has like 5000 worthess troll posts....please.

Sponger15SB
11-25-2004, 05:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
No one walks around her with their chest out saying, "yeah look at me, I am a carpal and I am gonna punk newbies."

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I thought it was just kinda assumed and we didn't have to say it, eh old chap? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Rooster71
11-25-2004, 05:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure what you consider obnoxious. But if you want to take a tour into the real depths of obnoxiousness, try posting in the politics forum.

ThaSaltCracka
11-25-2004, 07:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No one walks around her with their chest out saying, "yeah look at me, I am a carpal and I am gonna punk newbies."

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I thought it was just kinda assumed and we didn't have to say it, eh old chap? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
indeed man

dr. klopek
11-25-2004, 07:29 AM
This post is up there with "does this sound like cheating to you?"

The once and future king
11-25-2004, 09:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Have you experienced obnoxious replys to your posts?

[/ QUOTE ]

That is the very reason why I post.

Kurn, son of Mogh
11-25-2004, 10:50 AM

Daryn may actually be one of the most intelligent and intellectually honest posters on 2+2. The fact that he has a sense of humor and doesn't pull any punches may annoy some people, but so what?

That post was so obviously tongue-in-cheek only someone over-sensitive or with a grudge against him would misconstrue.

Sorry if this hurts your feelings

I doubt you hurt his feelings and you're not sorry (refer back to my statement about intellectual honesty).

The once and future king
11-25-2004, 10:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Daryn may actually be one of the most intelligent and intellectually honest posters on 2+2.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good one, had me laughing so hard I almost spat my tea out. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

daryn
11-25-2004, 10:56 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />

How else do you expect this guy to take it when you tell him to F off?

This guy has a legitimate beef. Most posters on 2+2 are rude obnoxious sarcastic pricks IMO. Your so called "joke post" only confirms my thoughts. Sorry if this hurts your feelings but its the bottom line truth.

[/ QUOTE ]

hurts my feelings... HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

ty kurn! respect!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

i'm much less obnoxious in person, trust me.

AngryCola
11-25-2004, 11:01 AM
Yes, they are also also very knowledgeable players. /images/graemlins/spade.gif

AngryCola
11-25-2004, 11:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
. Im standing firm with not being able to name more than 10.

[/ QUOTE ]

TSC = #10 on your list

I rest my case.

I hope you take Buster up on his offer. /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Gamblor
11-25-2004, 12:20 PM
n/m

Gamblor
11-25-2004, 12:33 PM
Daryn may actually be one of the most intelligent and intellectually honest posters on 2+2.

I argue with him a lot for some reason.

I have no real beef with the guy. He sounds like the kind of guy you like to be friends with.

So why can't people fuckin' relax when he says something? Prolly cause they're the kind of people you don't like to be friends with.

daryn
11-25-2004, 12:43 PM
let me go on the record as saying i also have no beef with you. i like to argue, that is for sure, but i never let arguments get in the way of personal feelings. you are a good guy.

now back to arguing... canada sucks!! haha.. actually i like canada a lot. i have only been to montreal but i thought it was a great city. it feels like being in europe. totally my bag, baby.

knifeandfork
11-25-2004, 12:46 PM
mike l.
joe tall
cero_z
guyontilt
snakehead
barryg1
are a few more that come to mind but im dumb

astroglide
11-25-2004, 01:58 PM
i'm not on either of those lists

AngryCola
11-25-2004, 02:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Astroglide, of course! I knew there was someone I was forgetting. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Seriously, astroglide does seem to know his stuff pretty well.

spamuell
11-25-2004, 02:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You should be but that poster is retarded and so are the replies to it who have their own lists, they all have at least one person who shouldn't be there. Anyway, you don't post in MHS anymore. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

AngryCola
11-25-2004, 02:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You should be but that poster is retarded and so are the replies to it who have their own lists, they all have at least one person who shouldn't be there.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are probably right about that much. I was just trying to point out there are far more intelligent posters than what's his name seemed to think are out there.

After reading my list again, I could take at least 1 person off of it. Still, that was never the point. I think my first reply was something like:

10-15?? There are more than that. I would say there are somewhere between 70-100.

I'll stand by that. I never thought we could fit everyone into 10 spots. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

spamuell
11-25-2004, 03:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]

After reading my list again, I could take at least 1 person off of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your list was the worst of them all. It looks like you just named anyone who you had seen recently who has a lot of posts.

I do agree that there are far more good posters than were on the original list.

Joseph Busti
11-25-2004, 03:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I will start.
1. Duke
2. Dynasty
3. Clarkmeister
4. Ed Miller
5. El Diablo
6. Josh W
7. Mason Malmuth
8. David Skalansky
9. Tommy Angelo

[/ QUOTE ]
Who on this list should be removed?

Joseph Busti
11-25-2004, 03:09 PM
You're case was based on a joke then. If it was not an obvious joke then you're a retard, but thats been proven already.

Joseph Busti
11-25-2004, 03:10 PM
#10 Astroglide

AngryCola
11-25-2004, 03:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Your list was the worst of them all. It looks like you just named anyone who you had seen recently who has a lot of posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right about that much!
EDIT- Except that it wasn't based on their number of posts. It was more who stuck out in my mind as additional people to what's his names "top ten". I never suggested there weren't MANY more. I was just trying to prove (poorly) there were more than 10.

I think I said as much in my post. Again, my point wasn't to show the best posters of 2+2, but just to point out there were far more than he suggested.

It was a bad "top ten" list. I'll admit that. But it's not like anyone I mentioned doesn't know poker better than most people who post here. The other problem is that I have not been here long enough to remember the names of some of the posters I have seen in the past. ::shrug:: At least, I will gladly admit my list was flawed.

I don't take your criticism personally, as I'm a little more thick skinned than the OP of this thread. Plus, it was probably deserved. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

AngryCola
11-25-2004, 03:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You're case was based on a joke then. If it was not an obvious joke then you're a retard, but thats been proven already.

[/ QUOTE ]

What? I don't think that's true. I never insulted you. I just had a different opinion. If you are referring to spam's post, then I think you'll find he called us BOTH retards. So... ::shrug::

Anyway, I'm not sure what your problem is. I don't have a problem with you, and I hope you have a good Thanksgiving!

Which is exactly what I'm going to go try and do now. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

cnfuzzd
11-25-2004, 03:27 PM
closer and closer to being a perfect thread....

peace

john nickle

nolanfan34
11-25-2004, 03:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I will start.
1. Duke
2. Dynasty
3. Clarkmeister
4. Ed Miller
5. El Diablo
6. Josh W
7. Mason Malmuth
8. David Skalansky
9. Tommy Angelo

[/ QUOTE ]
Who on this list should be removed?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sklansky. What has he done lately? I haven't seen him win any tournaments on TV, that's for sure.

Joseph Busti
11-25-2004, 03:53 PM
Im gonna pawn this off as a joke and just laugh. HAHA

kyro
11-25-2004, 04:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
no one likes you Kyro

[/ QUOTE ]

and for good reason. i have &lt;1000 posts!

nolanfan34
11-25-2004, 04:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Im gonna pawn this off as a joke and just laugh. HAHA

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kurn, son of Mogh
11-25-2004, 09:03 PM
He sounds like the kind of guy you like to be friends with.

I've met Daryn. He's definitely not an A-hole.

cnfuzzd
11-25-2004, 09:37 PM
you had to think about it....thats scary

peace

john nickle

Sincere
11-25-2004, 11:09 PM
My bad, I guess I took it the wrong way. I appoligize Daryn.

astroglide
11-25-2004, 11:45 PM
[censored], i thought it was a list of obnoxious responses not a list of knowledge or whatever. i wouldn't have suggested that i go on it myself if i knew it was that. anyway yeah, this is the only forum i read here now and i'm much happier with that.

ThaSaltCracka
11-26-2004, 01:46 AM
watch out astro, once people learn you don't post anywhere else, they will start to assume you don't play poker.

astroglide
11-26-2004, 01:59 AM
why would i care about that?

bonanz
11-26-2004, 02:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The defining post of this thread!! it sums everything up quite nicely

Burno
11-26-2004, 02:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry if I missed it, but why aren't you posting in the other forums anymore?

ThaSaltCracka
11-26-2004, 06:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]I dunno, I stopped caring about that a while ago.

astroglide
11-26-2004, 03:17 PM
because i don't get anything out of them. i don't learn anything and i don't enjoy teaching anything to the types of people that are in there anymore.

joe_4_posts: PARTY 15/30 AK I RAISE GET 3 CALLERS FLOP IS 982 2TONE I HAVE THE KING OF TRUMP WHAT IS MY MOVE

Ulysses
11-26-2004, 04:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's cuz you suck.

bunky9590
11-26-2004, 06:26 PM
Yep everyone of them has ripped me at one time or another, but guess what chief. They were right, i was a moron. But I didn't get my wittle ittle feelwings hurt either. I took the advice and got better from it.

When you log in here, drop your pride at the door, you may learn something. That is all.

cnfuzzd
11-26-2004, 09:05 PM
THREAD COMPLETE!!!!!

good job everyone...

peace

john nickle

B Dids
11-29-2004, 01:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, that shows how unqualified you are to be making a judgement on the best 2+2 posters. BruceZ and Lorinda post almost every day. Most of the others do, as well. Granny is a friggin legend! Try the Zoo for Granny./images/graemlins/spade.gif

EDIT - daryn knows what's up. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Lorinda is a lunatic who doesn't belong on any list of good posters.

Nobody's mentioned Bisonbison, so I will.

Daryn's good people. Plus he pokers good.

TSC- astro's online ID is the topic of so much wonder there exists a player on Party named "notastro". I'm pretty sure that astro would love it if nobody knew he played poker /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

ThaSaltCracka
11-29-2004, 01:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
TSC- astro's online ID is the topic of so much wonder there exists a player on Party named "notastro". I'm pretty sure that astro would love it if nobody knew he played poker .

[/ QUOTE ] I think only a few people on here know my pstars ID, which is good, otherwise they would probably follow me around. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

cnfuzzd
11-29-2004, 01:48 PM
i think many people have yet to figure out my screenname on party. i love getting responses like "Oh man, i didnt know you were a 2+2er."

peace

john nickle

jtr
11-30-2004, 01:02 AM
Errmm... isn't your screen name on Party kind of exactly the same as your login here? Tough one to spot!

cnfuzzd
11-30-2004, 03:22 AM
you would be amazed

peace

john nickle