PDA

View Full Version : Talk at a table

rdubya
11-24-2004, 07:36 PM
My friends and i have been playing twice a week now..and some of us are better than other players... now we are all friends...but is there a rule against certain things that can be said at the table.

the other night my 2 friends were in a heads up. a 3rd player at the table who was not in the hand said player xx is bluffing and gave his logic. this caused player x to call and win the hand because it did show how the story didnt add up. player xx would not have called otherwise. is this allowed?

Sponger15SB
11-24-2004, 08:29 PM
not allowed, tell your friend to shut up

PhatPots
11-24-2004, 09:13 PM
You cannot discuss the hand when it is being played.

Cheers,
Pots

27offsuit
11-25-2004, 09:42 PM
3rd player is a douchebag.

Kill him.

Pennmaster
11-26-2004, 01:13 PM
We have a gentleman (not so much of one) that is no longer welcome because of repeat situations similar to the one you described.

deacsoft
11-26-2004, 01:48 PM
Had a similar occurance happen last night in a home tourney. I was pisses but I let it go after making my case. No table talk.

ddss6_99
11-26-2004, 03:27 PM
That's nothing. A few days ago this situation came up in a home game I play in. I'm in the BB with K /images/graemlins/spade.gif 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif , and we go 4 handed to the flop. Flop comes A /images/graemlins/spade.gif J /images/graemlins/spade.gif 10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif Alot of betting from all 4 players and the turn comes with a rag, 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif I believe. More betting and 2 fold, so we go to the river 2 handed. River comes Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif giving me a Royal Flush. Now one of the players who had folded was also the dealer and he starts looking through the deck and the muck. Of course when he finishes he says with a big smile on his face "SOMEONE HAS A ROYAL FLUSH!!!!" Needless to say, the other player folds face up to my bet with 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif

deacsoft
11-26-2004, 03:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Now one of the players who had folded was also the dealer and he starts looking through the deck and the muck. Of course when he finishes he says with a big smile on his face "SOMEONE HAS A ROYAL FLUSH!!!!"

[/ QUOTE ]

I would give that person the ass chewing of their life, and then a couple minutes later I'd calm myself and say some thing like, "Dude, wtf? That's just horrible. You should know better" with a smile on my face.

dachord
11-26-2004, 06:30 PM
I hope that it was a friendly game amongst friends. That guy has a lot to learn about poker. I trust all of you set him straight, and don't let him deal anymore!!