PDA

View Full Version : Intertops stake-back promotion

MicroBob
11-24-2004, 07:17 PM
In the DAL-CHI game they are giving you your 'stake-back' (up to $100) on any losing 'winning-margin' bets if there are no points scored in the 3rd quarter.

Figure there's a 20% chance or so that no points will be scored in the 3rd Q and, unless I'm just not figuring it very well, I think it's probably a decent deal.

Thinking of taking the Bears to win by 7-12 points at 6:1.

Thoughts??

the other stake-back game:

refund stake on all losing 1st TD Scorer bets (up to $100) in IND v DET if IND receiver Marvin Harrison scores the first TD of the game.
I put the odds of this happening lower than the chances that DAL and CHI go scoreless in the 3rd Q....but it still probably makes these bets reasonable as well I suspect.
Unless they have adjusted the odds on these bets to correspond with the likelihood of these stake-back events happening.

Am I just a sucker for thinking these are interesting?

Theodore Donald Kiravatsos
11-26-2004, 01:08 PM
I realize that I am responding a bit late, but my thoughts were that the CHI/DAL game featured such wretched teams that this angle might have been worth pursuing.

Good to see that you got bailed out by the ineptitude of both offenses.

MicroBob
11-26-2004, 06:04 PM
Yep. That's what I thoguht.

DAL/CHI indeed DID go scoreless in the 3rd Q so I got my bets back.

I took DAL to win by 1-6 points at 4.5:1 and I took CHI to win by 7-12 points at 6:1.

Obviously neither came through (DAL won by 14) but after the scoreless 3rd Q I was free-rolling so it wasn't such a bad idea to take a shot.