PDA

View Full Version : QQ - stop and go

MHarris
11-24-2004, 04:54 PM
All opponents are loose (30+ VP$IP) and only UTG has shown any postflop aggression.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif. UTG+2 posts a blind of $3.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 (poster) checks, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (13.33 SB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, Hero calls.
I only called here because I'm closing the action and none of the cold-callers are folding for a single bet.

Turn: (11.66 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls.
I'm pretty sure I'm still best, and I'm hoping UTG+1 will overplay a KJ sort of hand and confront the masses with 2 cold again.

River: (16.66 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP3 folds.

Final Pot: 18.66 BB

Comments? Is there a better turn line?

butters
11-24-2004, 04:59 PM
I think that's too juicy of a three-bet opportunity on the flop not to take it. I understand what you're trying to do, but you can trap three players for an additional small bet. Any decent draw is going to have odds on the turn to call regardless, so build a pot with the best hand.

With the line you took, I'd try for a turn checkraise.

Redeye
11-24-2004, 05:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hero bets, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls.
I'm pretty sure I'm still best, and I'm hoping UTG+1 will overplay a KJ sort of hand and confront the masses with 2 cold again.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you think about going for a c/r on the turn here? Is UTG aggressive enough to keep betting with this possible turn scare card? (Scare card for him if he actually has a J)

cold_cash
11-24-2004, 05:39 PM
I don't see any reason to screw around with this one.

I'd 3-bet the flop, hope everyone called, then lead out on the turn.

MrJitney
11-24-2004, 05:59 PM
I 3bet the flop and bet out on the turn. I think with a board like this you need to be careful not to give any free cards.

And I don't like the check raise with two 9's showing. I think it costs too much if someone's got a 9. But make sure people pay for the flush/straight.