PDA

View Full Version : A5s in the BB...river line OK?

MHarris
11-24-2004, 04:40 PM
MP2 and MP3 are both pretty loose. MP3 is more aggro PF, MP2 is more aggro postflop. Neither has gotten way out of line yet.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (6.33 SB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (4.66 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls.

River: (10.66 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero calls.
Anyone find a 3-bet here?

Final Pot: 14.66 BB

J.R.
11-24-2004, 04:46 PM
I hate the preflop and river calls, although the river call is ok against a pretty passive player, which isn't the case here. Mad boo-age to the preflop.

wuwei
11-24-2004, 04:53 PM
I agree on the preflop, but not the river. I would think KQ, QQ, or KK would have raised the flop, so I'm more inclined to think he has AK.

Also, I'm not sure about your passive distinction. Wouldn't calling the 3-bet from a passive player be worse, because he's less likely to make that raise with just trips?

MHarris
11-24-2004, 04:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the river call is ok against a pretty passive player

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean the river call is OK against an aggressive player? I'd be much more concerned with a passive player raising me here.

J.R.
11-24-2004, 04:59 PM
folding is not a river option

wuwei
11-24-2004, 05:06 PM
Nevermind, you're saying raise raise raise.

Reading is hard.

Entity
11-24-2004, 05:25 PM
Preflop is kinda icky. The only hand I can see him playing this way that you beat is AxK/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, so I wouldn't 3-bet the river.

shant
11-24-2004, 06:16 PM
What about a lower flush waiting for later streets to raise?

BusterStacks
11-24-2004, 06:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We have a winner.

Little Fishy
11-24-2004, 06:33 PM
the preflop play is a bit iffy, you aren't getting value calling with Ax even if it is suited because you're only going to be up against max 2 players. I don't like the line you chose. if MP2 is aggro post flop why are you leading out... why not check it hope to get it bet for you and then decide if you're gonna raise or call, you don't fear any one card here... you know you have the best hand off the flop. on the turn why are you still betting out. why not check again and let mp2 bet for you, then you might be able to trap mp3 into another bet and your apponents may assume you were on a flush draw but that you're unwilling to pay a BB then if you just call the bet then if a non /images/graemlins/diamond.gif hits on the end then you can get more value. I don't see why you're scarring people away when you don't have a reason to fear a made set improving and when you can probably get more bets in the pot by playing a little slower.

Entity
11-24-2004, 06:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I misread the action. Thought it was MP3 who raised all along; just realized MP2 was the raiser on the river.

Rob