PDA

View Full Version : Nut flush against agression

djshawk
11-24-2004, 03:57 PM
Hi,
I'm still a newb so could do with some advice on this hand. I'm pretty sure I should have slowed down on the turn, but the number of times i'd see a smaller flush/trip K's kinda spurred me on.

Paradise Poker 0.10/0.20 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (7 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Button folds, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP2 calls, SB calls.

River: (19 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 27 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 27 BB, between Hero and MP2.</font>

topspin
11-24-2004, 04:02 PM
I think the turn is fine. I'd just call the raise on the river though.

prayformojo
11-24-2004, 04:06 PM
Don't slow down on the turn. You have the nut flush. You're only behind to KK, K4 and K3. MP2 didn't raise pre-flop and didn't touch the flop. Why give him credit for a boat when a smaller flush or trip kings is far more likely? On the river, calling the raise might be ok, but I would 3-bet here too.

Why did you check the turn?

nyc999
11-24-2004, 04:13 PM
He's also behind 33 and 44, although I agree - I wouldn't automatically give him credit for it.

Looking at it from the other player's perspective -- he may have just put you on a king and had a smaller flush.

djshawk
11-24-2004, 04:14 PM
Was fishing for a check-raise.
At the time I kept on betting even though with the paired board I knew a boat could be out there. He showed K3 for kings/3's so I thought i'd come on here to see if I was being over agressive.
Thanks for your help.

flair1239
11-24-2004, 04:14 PM
The turn is fine. That fact that you did not bet out makes it a hard read. By checking, you may have given the impression that you bet the flop with nothing. So I agree the guy could have trip kings or a small flush.

I don't think he had a set or two pair on the flop. becuase I think you would have seen some action.

Therefore I do not think you are up against a boat (Just by looking at the turn action).

That said I think I would just call the river raise. Reason being you capped the turn and led out on the river and still got raised. Unless you know that your opponent is a maniac you have to at leat respect the possibility that he slow played a set and did in fact hit a boat on the turn.

Entity
11-24-2004, 04:26 PM
I don't like the turn checkraise at all. Just bet it, 3-bet it, and call a cap.

On the river, I'd just call the raise.

Rob

prayformojo
11-24-2004, 04:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He's also behind 33 and 44

[/ QUOTE ]

Me no read board good.