PDA

View Full Version : Fossilman, HELP!

12-28-2001, 08:27 PM
Fossilman,

I have played in 4 small No Limit Holdem Tournaments since coming out west last week. I have performed miserably. What am I doing wrong? Wahh!!!

vince

12-28-2001, 08:41 PM
Vince,

You're playing too small. Hope this helps.

John

12-28-2001, 09:00 PM
Sometimes I hatte you John. This may be one of those times.

vince

12-28-2001, 11:35 PM
poor little vince. you are so spoiled. four tourneys and you are complaining.

well for one, the western players are much more aggressive early on. so you have to adjust for that. also in smaller tourneys the players are more likely to just go allin, so you are faced with more critical decisions early in hands as well. makes it more of a crap shoot.

glad to see you have finally come out.

your guardian angel zee

12-29-2001, 05:15 AM
Vince,

If it's those rebuy tournaments, keep on rebuying to build your stack. Then once you have built your stack, steal the blinds, but don't make it obvious (that means avoid snickering at the table).

After the rebuy period, don't raise the loose players unless you have a hand. Raise the tight players because they will fold unless you have a hand. The tight players are easy to play against. When you raise on the button with duece-seven and a tight player reraises or calls you, it's an easy hand to get away from.

Better luck next time. Gooooood to hearrrr frommmm youuuuuuu. Are you going to Tunica in January?

Mark

12-29-2001, 10:36 AM
I've got to agree with John Cole on this one.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)

12-29-2001, 01:17 PM

12-29-2001, 01:18 PM