PDA

View Full Version : JJ, againt PF capper.

Fat Nicky
11-24-2004, 12:02 PM
Is this standard? (I know it seems pretty simple, but I just want to make sure I'm not playing these situation to passive and weak)

No read on villain.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (8.33 SB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.16 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>

River: (7.16 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 9.16 BB

evain
11-24-2004, 12:14 PM
I would lead out after the flop and if raised, fold. If he calls rather than raises I would fancy my chances.

If not I run ... unless you have a read on the guy you are probably behind and the pot is not big enough to hang around.

usmfan
11-24-2004, 12:16 PM
I would have to bet the flop here and probably either 3bet cap or call if raised. You've got a high pocket pair. MP could be raising with a variety of non-paired hands (most of which would depend on your read and unfortunately you have none yet). Betting the flop makes you the aggressor and, in my opinion, gets you some information. I would probably lead out with these on every round if I was just called.

EDIT: One other possibility would be to check-raise the flop, check the turn and consider folding if MP2 bets the turn. You might buy yourself a free card on the turn.

Fat Nicky
11-24-2004, 12:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would lead out after the flop and if raised, fold. If he calls rather than raises I would fancy my chances.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would hate giving up the hand this easy against an unknown player.

mistrpug
11-24-2004, 12:18 PM
I bet out the flop and call down if raised. Hope he's got AK. Against an unknown, you cannot fold this.

EDIT: Actually now that I think about it a little more, I might check/raising and calling down if 3 bet on the flop.

Walrus
11-24-2004, 12:19 PM
I bet out the flop and call down if raised. Hope he's got AK. Against an unknown, you cannot fold this.

I concur.

evain
11-24-2004, 12:24 PM
The money is just not there for me. I put him on QQ KK or AA two thirds of the time. The other third is AK and other rubbish. If there were three or more callers to the pre flop raises I would hang in. I think if you check/call to the river you are a calling station.

The only other option (and it's not a bad one) is to check raise the flop and go from there. But again, if you are raised back I think you have to fold.

It is leading to an expensive first read on the guy otherwise.

Fat Nicky
11-24-2004, 12:29 PM
I don't disagree that I should have raised the flop. From reading other resposes, that seems to be the consensus. However, I can't bring myself to lay down an overpair against an unknown.

evain
11-24-2004, 12:33 PM
Hi Nicky

I know where you are coming from. I'm just asking you to see the difference between calling someone down for 10 big bets and calling someone down for 4 big bets.

See the difference?

Best wishes

Chairman Wood
11-24-2004, 03:43 PM
How would you be buying yourself a free card by c/r? I don't see how that makes sense. If you c/r, lead the turn. You don't want a free card here anyway. If you're behind, you're praying. If not, no free cards

lead flop, call down if raised,

or c/r flop, lead turn, fold to future raises.
IMHO

mistrpug
11-24-2004, 04:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How would you be buying yourself a free card by c/r? I don't see how that makes sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right, it doesn't. You need position to make a free card play.