PDA

View Full Version : Pay this off?

Guy McSucker
11-24-2004, 11:28 AM
Losing a lot is making me lose my mind. Here's another river for you...

Party 5/10 6-max. QQ in MP.

One limp (super loose muppet), I raise, BB and limper call.

Flop: K K 4. BB checks, muppet bets, I raise, BB folds, muppet calls.

Turn: J. Check, bet, call.

River: 4. Oh dear.

He checks. Bet? What do you do if check raised?

Guy.

Jeff W
11-24-2004, 11:46 AM
This hand is tough. I'm going to think out loud. Things I would consider:

1. If he will check/raise bluff approximately the right percentage of the time, but will also check/raise any full house then I check behind.

2. If he will check/raise bluff too often then I will bet and call, even if he also check/raises his full houses correctly.

In short, the magnitude and character of his of muppetude is the deciding factor in whether I would call or fold. If I didn't have a good read on his bluffing tendencies, then I would check behind because I have a hand to show down and I have a tendency to make weak laydowns.

I offer my condolences for your losing streak. If it makes you feel any better, and I'm sure it doesn't /images/graemlins/grin.gif, I have yet to have winning day at the 5/10 6max.

chezlaw
11-24-2004, 12:22 PM
Against a muppet, I bet this 100% of the time. (I can't imagine many players against whom I wouldn't bet this). You get called by any pair above 4's and any ace.

It's tough if you get raised, it depends on the muppet but you can probably fold.

chez

PokerNoob
11-24-2004, 12:45 PM
You don't indicate suits, but often muppets like to limp suited and then make a play at a flop like this if it hits their suit. Something with a 4, they love to bet this flop. Mid pockets, they are more likely to just let you bet their hand, but they still try this bet from time to time. If you think he'll value bet his mid pockets if you check, I would check. If he's a true muppet and would make a play like this with just an ace, I would bet so he can call in hopes of splitting.

Guy McSucker
11-24-2004, 02:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I offer my condolences for your losing streak. If it makes you feel any better, and I'm sure it doesn't , I have yet to have winning day at the 5/10 6max.

[/ QUOTE ]

Back at ya.

I don't really mind the money, it's the feeling that I suck that I can't stand, and the pure ignorance about who/what is to blame for the sucking. I'm currently a 0.05BB/100 player at 5/10, after 20k hands, and a little statistical noodling allows me to conclude that I might be a winner or I might be a loser, which doesn't help.

Anyway, I'm hanging in there for now, and so should you I guess.

Guy.

FishyWhale
11-25-2004, 04:22 PM
If he is a *muppet* (kinda like that term /images/graemlins/smile.gif), you still ought to bet I think for the times he has ace high or pairs below (and PRAY of course).