11-24-2004, 09:31 AM
1. folded to you in CO with T9s

2. K9o on the button

3. K8o CO

4. JTs UTG

5. 44 button 1 limper

6. UTG+1 KQs after a raise from 10%PFR

7. BB 3limpers ATs

8. KXX flop... Bet, call, call you are button with JJ(you raised PF).

9. UTG+1 raise you are SB AQo

10. Q9o in SB 1 limper VPIP50%

Nikla
11-24-2004, 10:10 AM
1. Raise

2. Raise

3. Fold

4. Raise

5. Fold

6. Call

7. Raise

8. Generally fold, but is floptexture dependant. Big difference between a KT8 flop giving you a backdoor flushdraw, and a K73 flop with no backdoor draw.

9. 3-bet if folded to you, call if coldcalled.

10. Complete in 1/2 and 2/3 structures, fold in 1/3'ish structures.

imitation
11-24-2004, 10:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Raise, only in the last week have I added this, but I think yes definitely, I'm finally starting to be able to get away from hands better postflop I feel or play to get most bets when ahead, sometimes I might fold if my table image doesn't suit it though. Say 80% raise, 20% fold.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Raise

[ QUOTE ]
K8o CO

[/ QUOTE ]

Fold 75%, raise 25%, depends on button, prefer tight button, any two blinds. I always find otherwise I raise here with looser button get cold called by K9-KJ and get stuck out of position.

[ QUOTE ]
4. JTs UTG

[/ QUOTE ]

40% raise, 10% call, 50% fold probably not that close to these numbers but they are neat and roughly how I feel. Table dependant, limping obviously at loose passive tables, raising when I feel I have a tight image especially in EP and the table has a few observant players. Folding when I stand to be cold called by only 1 or 2 and likely dominated making that hand harder to play.

[ QUOTE ]
5. 44 button 1 limper

[/ QUOTE ]

Schneids limping with 33 after 1 limper has made me do this some now, I'm still a little iffy of it and I think I probably just do it when I feel like I'm running over the table and a bet on the flop will take it if it gets checked to me as well as set value.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Reraise. Is this wrong? Cold calling just sucks, though I have no doubt caffione would recommend it.

[ QUOTE ]
7. BB 3limpers ATs

[/ QUOTE ]

If they've all got double digit PFR I think a bump is in order, even against those with lower PFR its got to be close. I think I probably check most of the time(90%) but the previous idea just came to me now.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

rainbow unco-ordinated bleh muck it. (now I wonder if I actually do when i'm playing)

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

3-bet

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

complete, CR alot of flops.

Jeff W
11-24-2004, 11:29 AM
Raise

2. K9o on the button
Raise

3. K8o CO
Fold

4. JTs UTG
Fold

5. 44 button 1 limper
Call

Fold

7. BB 3limpers ATs
Raise

Fold

Call against unknowns/tight players. Reraise loose players.

Call against any limper at 5/10.

PokerNoob
11-24-2004, 12:27 PM
1. I'm folding until I have reads on button and the blinds.
2. Pretty standard raise.
3. Fold until reads tell me its playable (weak tight behind)
4. Fold until reads tell me its playable (ultra loose passive table)
5. I usually trash this unless the blinds are passive. Its also important to know that they will pay you off if you hit your set.
6. Fold unless there are very rare and special circumstances regarding coldcalling behind and payoffability.
7. Instaraise usually.
8. Your goose is usally cooked here, the less drawless, the more well done. If you have set odds, call.
9. Depends on reads, but I three bet this quite a bit.
10. Depends on BB and limper, but usually an instaraise. The kind of limper you don't want is the Ax that will call down to spike and then call/bet the river when you don't improve.

Nikla
11-24-2004, 01:45 PM
You make no sense. You openmuck T9s in CO, and you raise 1 limper from SB with Q9o? I'm sorry, but this is just awful awful advice.

aslowjoe
11-24-2004, 03:24 PM
Hands that I might differ from other responses.

JTs. I will play unless it is a tight aggressive game. In which case I should go find a softer game. The question is do I limp or raise.

44 at this point you are going to have at 3 most likely 4 to the flop you most likely be paid off enough when you spike a set.

Kxx flop bet,call,call JJ
My first thought would be to raise. But I started thinking that might be a leak in my game. So I would no longer fire back a raise so now it would 70% fold 30% raise. I still think calling is the wrong option.

Q9o I think most people seem to have agreed to complete. The problem I have ran into lately, let's say the flop came
KQ5 rainbow. I lead out and get 2 callers. bet again and get 2 callers. Check passive player turns K8o. Is that line of play correct?

Please give me feedback on these. These examples are still questions in my mind.
Joe

Trix
11-24-2004, 03:43 PM

Raise if it will get HU often.

2. K9o on the button
Raise

3. K8o CO
Fold

4. JTs UTG
Fold mostly

5. 44 button 1 limper
fold

I play it most of the time, but if I´m against someone who will call down A-high, then coldcalling is probaly better than 3betting.

7. BB 3limpers ATs
Think I do both.

Fold probably.

3bet
Call in 2/5 or better.

Guy McSucker
11-24-2004, 05:49 PM

I raise and let them outplay me after the flop. Failing that, fold.

2. K9o on the button

As above,.

3. K8o CO

Muck.

4. JTs UTG

Many say raise this. I think JTs is trash; I just don't have the knack of flopping huge hands that others do. I muck.

5. 44 button 1 limper

Schneids says it's easy to make up the extra bets to pay for your set odds post-flop. At 5/10, he is wrong. Suppose you get 3-1 preflop. You've got to make up 4.5 SB every time you hit a set just to break even, and breaking even will be a net loss thanks to the rake... This also assumes that you win every time you hit a set, which I certainly do not. Given that you lose so much with this hand when you hit the set and get beaten, I think this is definitely a fold.

Fold.

7. BB 3limpers ATs

Value raise. You don't have to bet the flop if you don't like it.

You should fold. I always call or raise and throw away my money.

Three bet. People open raise JTs under the gun you know.

I probably complete.

Guy.

PokerNoob
11-24-2004, 06:28 PM
I'm not good enough to play T9s from there. Far too many bad things can happen, and I would hate to throw in flop, flop checkraise call, and turn bets with it and be shown a better kicker, a paired face card, or even A high if I somehow make it to showdown without hitting the straight or flush.

Q9 against a weak limper most likely heads up seems a better deal to me. Easier to play even without position against an openlimper.

helpmeout
11-24-2004, 08:15 PM
Thanks all for the great answers.

T9s I think is an easy raise, it'll pickup a good draw a lot of the time when they dont fold.

K9o button raise

K8o fold, I can see how being in CO with a slightly weaker hand makes this a fold. Obviously raise vs a bunch of tighties.

JTs I definately think this is an easy fold unless the game is loose where a limp is possible. You are out of position with a multiway hand that doesnt have good showdown value.

44 button 1 limper, I fold this. I dont see how you can cash in enough when you make a set. Against few players they are likely to miss the flop when you hit so will fold to your bet most times. When you dont make your set you dont know where you are.

UTG+1 KQs after 10%PFR I raised this but I am not sure that is right. Probably better against a looser raiser.

BB ATs clear value raise.

JJ button after KXX flop, I folded.

AQo in SB I 3bet.

Q9o I completed, but I thought a few might consider a raise here.