PDA

View Full Version : A T suited on the Button.

nepenthe
11-24-2004, 08:05 AM
Typical Party 3/6 game. No particular reads this time around.

5 limpers to me and I raise with A /images/graemlins/club.gifT /images/graemlins/club.gif on the Button. Blinds fold, limpers call. 6 to the flop.

Flop: 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif6 /images/graemlins/club.gif7 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Checked to MP who bets out. CO folds. I call. 2 other early position limpers call. 4 to the turn.

Turn: 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

MP checks to me so I bet. Both early limpers call. MP check-raises. I call. Both limpers call.

River: J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Checked to MP who bets. I call. Both early limpers fold.

MHarris
11-24-2004, 08:22 AM
Looks good to me.

nepenthe
11-24-2004, 10:36 AM
Everyone in agreement with the turn / river calls? /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

spamuell
11-24-2004, 10:54 AM
I'd raise the flop because I always seem to get a ton of action when I raise the flop, but I don't mind you waiting to the turn here.

I think you have to 3-bet the turn. You'd be surprised how often at least one of them calls here, and basically even if they both fold, the times that they do call and MP 3-bets and you they're trapped again make up for when one of them folds. It would be easier to play the turn if you had raised the flop, or if you had some reads.

Fat Nicky
11-24-2004, 11:02 AM
3-bet the turn. Don't be so quick to put your opponent on a fullhouse. If he caps, simply just call the river.

spamuell
11-24-2004, 11:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
3-bet the turn. Don't be so quick to put your opponent on a fullhouse. If he caps, simply just call the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason for not 3-betting the turn is that he wants overcalls, not that he particularly fears a full house, although that is a factor because the worst case scenario is that you force out the others and get 3-bet by a better hand, whereas without the pair on board if you get 3-bet it's obviously much easier to play.

Fat Nicky
11-24-2004, 11:20 AM
Thanks for pointing this out. Overcalls are something I need to think about more often in my game.

nepenthe
11-24-2004, 04:51 PM
MP tabled K /images/graemlins/club.gif 8 (OMG he actually had outs) /images/graemlins/club.gif and said "OMG" after I tabled. OMG.

I thought the river was a close decision between calling and raising, since the other limpers did not appear to have anything (their 1-card flushes and straight draws have all missed), but I thought there was enough chance of a FH to make the calldown.

*Addendum: Is the cost of losing a BB or so I would have gained from MP by raising somewhere in this spot is outweighed by the psychological edge of taking away something MP was absolutely convinced was his by the time the last bet went in the pot?