PDA

View Full Version : Worst cartoon of all time?

stabn
11-24-2004, 04:42 AM
I nominate Captain Planet.

http://www.turner.com/planet/static/graphics/faq_cartoon.gif

http://www.jesse-blue.de/grafiken/cartoon/captainplanetweb.jpg

MelchyBeau
11-24-2004, 05:47 AM
I remember that show. It was horrible. So the superhero could be completely crippled by pollution. All you would have to do is base your operations in Los Angeles, he would instantly die from the smog. But then again I never undersood why the villians whole goal was to pollute.

Oh and it would suck to be the guy with the heart ring

I nominate the Star Trek cartoon.

Melch

BusterStacks
11-24-2004, 06:23 AM
I nominate Ren & Stimpy

Blarg
11-24-2004, 06:23 AM
There are SOOOO many. Cartoonists have a lot of terrible things to say about the 80's, where they say cartoons started the process of getting to be about the worst they've ever been.

For me, I'll always have a special hatred for Tiny Toons. That combined the horror of sickening cuteness with the awfulness of a degradation of something so great that had gone before it, ande the prostituting of its name -- the gold ole' Looney Tunes classics. A lot of ugliness involved that made me feel queasy to watch or even think of the show -- a little like when Michael Jackson used Lennon tunes to sell sneakers. Having Mel Blanc's voice replaced by some crappy imitation sure didn't help move things along. Bugs's voice lost the hint of a sarcastic curl of the lip it usually sounded like he was talking with, and he started to sound kind of dumb.

But any Saturday morning cartoon from the 80's was almost guaranteed horrtible. If someone chose, say, "He-man" or "She-Rah," it would be hard to argue that didn't reach a low point, too.

namknils
11-24-2004, 11:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I nominate Ren & Stimpy

[/ QUOTE ]

I second Ren & Stimpy. I also hated Beavis and Butthead, but I'm sure there are a lot of people here that would argure that was one of this best cartoons.

BrettK
11-24-2004, 01:07 PM
Super Milk Chan

I saw an ad for it the other night while watching Family Guy. From what I gather, it's about a Chinese baby who gets hit by a red missile while making strangely hypnotic nonsensical sounds.

Brett

Leo99
11-24-2004, 01:27 PM
Sheep in the Big City.

Ren and Stimpy ROCK! I can still remember fondly when Ren alter ego emerged and he installed the giant vat of acid in the house and dumped all of Stimpy's things into it. Those were good times.

PhatTBoll
11-24-2004, 02:01 PM
The Snorks
Galaxy High
Capitol Critters

youtalkfunny
11-25-2004, 04:00 AM
"Peanuts". I never understood the appeal here.

Were we supposed to laugh? The writing was never funny. The ending was never happy.

Charlie Brown was always depressed. Linus couldn't cheer him up. Lucy was a c**t. Schroeder put us to sleep. Sally was high-maintenence. Peppermint Patty brought NOTHING to the table. Snoopy would get his own 5 minutes, which always sucked.

Please, someone tell me what was enjoyable about Peanuts specials.

How on earth...

...could we....

...be expected to laugh...

...when every line...

...of dialogue....

...featured worse comic timing....

...than this sentence?

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
11-25-2004, 04:05 AM
If life was more like captain planet (people handing kids guns telling them "it will make you stronger") it would be much more interesting.

pudley4
11-25-2004, 04:15 AM
http://www.jedisparadise.co.uk/childrenstv/Smurfs/Smurfs%20Titles.jpg

River2Pair
11-25-2004, 02:46 PM
Fantastic Max, and it isn't even close.

http://chronik.tele5.de/programm/zeichentrick/max03_small.jpg

AngryCola
11-25-2004, 02:53 PM
Captain Planet

What a horrible show. Ted Turner pushed that piece of crap into existence and should be severly punished for it.

There may be worse cartoons, but I can't seem to think of any at the moment. Also, I liked some episodes of Ren & Stimpy. There is far worse stuff out there...

...like Captain Planet.

AngryCola
11-25-2004, 03:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Super Milk Chan

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually watched that show. The previews looked really weird, and I couldn't figure out what the hell it was about, or why it would be on Adult Swim. So, when it came on after one of my regular AS shows, I decided to give it a chance.

It was bad, IMO. It is as nonsensical as the previewsmade it out to be. I watched it up until the commercial break and that was it. I couldn't figure out what was going on in the show, and it didn't give me any reason to want to know.