PDA

View Full Version : 2/4 -- TPNK (aces) on a broadway board

detruncate
11-24-2004, 04:30 AM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Villain is sLA-P over 40 odd hands (26.83/12.2 pfr/1.37 Tot-A). Despite his low post-flop numbers, he's shown a tendency to want to take control of hands he's involved in.

Preflop: Hero is CO with 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (6.50 SB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, Hero ???

So... TPNK. On the up side, it's unlikely the kickers will play given the board and Villain's apparent aggression pf. On the down side, I'm seemingly frequently drawing to split. Is it worth it? If so, how do we plan to proceed? Apologies if this is mundane. I'm adjusting to a new limit and trying to clean up my game.

DataMiner
11-24-2004, 04:35 AM
Stick around. You're probably drawing to half the pot, but you may pick up a flush draw and you may spike a 3. There are 13 turn cards that you like. If the blinds overcall and J or K (non-club) hits on the turn and one of the blinds bets, I'd fold if the blind gets an overcaller.

detruncate
11-24-2004, 05:56 AM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (6.50 SB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, Hero calls, BB folds, UTG folds.

Turn: (4.25 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6.25 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero ???

It ends up HU, which I'm happy about. I hit my 2-pair on the river, but how much do I like it?