PDA

View Full Version : Party 5/10: Another 2nd pair vs. LAG

Jeff W
11-24-2004, 04:10 AM
Opponent in this hand is VPIP 50/PFR 35/AF-Total 1.9 over 80 hands.

I was lost on this hand. Can I fold the turn? I thought he could be semi-bluffing an ace. What cards can I call down on the river?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, MP folds, CO calls.

Flop: (8.40 SB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
CO checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

Turn: (5.20 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
CO checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (9.20 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 10.20 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 9.20 BB, won by CO.</font>
<font color="green">Pot 2: 1 BB, returned to CO.</font>

naphand
11-24-2004, 07:54 AM
So many of these LAG types seem to know how to exploit scary boards, it is just so difficult to put them on a hand. The 2nd-suit arriving on the Turn is a typical raising card for these goons who pick up a draw, any A or any 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif. The River is almost the worst card imaginable from your perspective. On the flop you cannot give him credit for a K yet, his Turn CR could be lots of things so I call too.

I call the River to see what he has, expecting to lose. You are getting 10:1, he will be bluffing 2 :clubs:, any PP under yours or total garbage enough times to make the call OK. It is worth getting a read on him here for 1 BB.

It can be frustrating, but ultra-LAGs know how to exploit boards, and with only 1 opponent he is going to try everything to bully you out. Your hand is showdownable, show it. Yes it sure looks like a typical crappy-Ace play, but your call will encourage him to bet this way with a lot of other hands, and you only need to rop-a-dope him a couple of times for him to get the message.

Nikla
11-24-2004, 11:01 AM
On alot of those types of flops vs very aggro players checking behind on the turn is not a bad play. Alot of players will check fold their Ax type hands on the turn, however if you indicate weakness by checking turn, they will often lead river with just ace high. The gutter draw on turn makes it alittle more scary to check behind, but I would still do it if he is capable of taking the pot away from me with a bluff checkraise. If you check behind on turn
and he checks to you on river you can pretty much always bet regardless of the rivercard. And some of the time he will call you with Ace high just because you indicated alot of weakness on turn.