PDA

View Full Version : Fix me I'm too passive at Party 2/4...BB flops top 2

DeathDonkey
11-24-2004, 02:44 AM
I'm having trouble finding spots to stay aggressive when the opponents take the initiative from me. I find myself getting raised on the turn much more frequently than at micros and I'm not sure when to keep the gas on and when to call down, or even when to dump the hand. Here is an example, should I 3 bet the turn, do something different on the river?

I had no read on chief opponent as he was new to the table.

Thanks in advance,
DeathDonkey

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, Hero checks.

Flop: (3.50 SB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, CO folds, Hero calls.

River: (7.25 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.25 BB

ode
11-24-2004, 02:50 AM
I would 3-bet the turn 99,5% of the time and then lead out river if not capped.

/ode

MrJitney
11-24-2004, 03:22 AM
What ode said. Definitely 3bet. If he caps, you're in trouble. But I think I'd still call down anyway. Would anyone give it up to a cap?

11-24-2004, 03:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What ode said. Definitely 3bet. If he caps, you're in trouble. But I think I'd still call down anyway. Would anyone give it up to a cap?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not with that size of pot.

jclin
11-24-2004, 04:03 AM
3-bet? i disagree. why does MP1 raise after only calling on flop? it would be nice if the guy had a10, jj (i assume higher pocket pair = raise pf), smaller two pair, or straight draw, BUT it is just as likely that he has trips, and slowplayed his 44. he had no reason to raise on flop w/44. i think it is hard to lay this down (i don't think i ever could in limit), but don't be more aggressive.