PDA

View Full Version : Okay, tell me what you think about my final table play tonight..

KKsuited
11-24-2004, 02:32 AM
100 people, $20, $650 to the winner.

I've been playing more cash games lately, but I consider my best game being NLHE tournies.

I make the final table as chip leader at about T240k. Blinds move to 5-10k and I'm down to 185k. These two hands come up. I've won a good number of tournaments, but I think I had to much gamble in me tonight.

1) I'm one off the button with KQs. I raise to 20k and the BB goes all-in for a total of 80k. He just came off a terrible beat and I thought he may be on tilt. I'm ready to fold, then call at the last second.

He has A8o. I go unimproved and he wins with A high.

2) Same position, I pick up AQo and raise to 25k. SB and BB go all-in for 100k a piece, putting me all-in with about another 100k if I call. There's about 240k in the pot before I call my last 75k. I'm getting over 3-1 on my last 75k. As long as I'm not up against AA,KK,QQ,or AK, I like the situation.

I call, BB and SB turnover 77 and 10,10. They both flop sets, the 7 hits quads on the river and I'm out 7th. I missed everything so it didn't really matter. I win $80.

Is my thought process off? I could have folded and tried to sneak up the pay scale, but I was in it to win.

What do you guys think. Flame away if you feel the need.

Synth
11-24-2004, 03:12 AM
Hand 1 -- I would have raised a little more pre-flop especially if there were limpers before me.

When he pushed he had about 8BB's left so any A or average K (especially after taking a bad beat) is good enough for him to push with. Besides that you were getting 2.5-1 on your call with a hand that isn't in to bad shape (3-2 dog 2-1 favourite unless he's holding the 4 hands you got to really fear) so I don't really see anything wrong with this call.

Hand 2 -- I fold. Two people have just pushed and AQ (a trap hand) Isn't the hand you want to be playing in a three way pot when two people are already all-in. You're in great position with 200K and you're garunteed more money if you stay out of the way and let one of the two all-in players get eliminated.

Good luck in future MTT's.

phixxx
11-24-2004, 04:38 AM
I definitely fold hand 2. No need to gamble here when you're behind almost every hand that your opponents are holding. I doubt they will shove in 100k right after each other with just weak aces.