PDA

View Full Version : Party SNG 5 +1 or 10 +1? with limited bankroll.

outofstep
11-24-2004, 02:00 AM
Hello. Id' like to say this forum is great and I couldn't be at where I am if it wasn't for you guys. So I've made a small fortune from the $2 Paradise gave me for free and I have built it up to about $100 in a short period of time first Limit, then NL, then limit SNGS.I'd like to move to Party because of the bonuses plus being able to multitable SNGS. So with my $100 should I start at the 5 +1? How bad will the 20% rake affect my ROI. You guys got any good bonus codes for me? Thanks for the help.

MrMon
11-24-2004, 03:44 AM
The Party game is very different from the Paradise game, so be careful. I too, did well at Paradise, and was tempted to Party by the lure of bonuses. Lost all my money, and wound up back at Paradise, where I won it all back, and then some.

I know some people love Party, and I can see where it'd be great at some of the higher levels, as you can get some great action, but the lower levels are insane, IMHO. Lots and lots of stupid new players who sometimes get lucky. Watch an entire table call your pocket aces, where one of them is bound to get two pair with rags. Calling stations galore. If you can stand the insanity, absolutely play with the best advice found here, because you're going to need it.

As for bonus dollars for a new deposit, make sure you can earn them via the SnG's. When I played, the only way to get them was via the ring games, but someone more familiar with the current Party setup can confirm how it now works.

Just my two cents, and good luck.

AleoMagus
11-24-2004, 04:13 AM
Hi

10+1 is definitely the way to go as far as ROI. The 20% vig basically just costs you 9-10% in ROI with the same results. The real kicker here is that when you consider the ROI decrease, the Risk of Ruin with $100 is actually not much higher for 10+1 than it is for $5+1

For example, if your results look like this:

1st 13%
2nd 13%
3rd 13%

then this is equivalent to and ROI of 8% at 5+1 and an ROI of 18% at 10+1

Some will say this is not how it works in actual practice because the 5+1 may be slightly easier than 10+1, but I personally think there is only a negligible difference.

Here is the real kicker though... Using the ROR calculator on the SNG spreadsheet, the ROR for playing 5+1 at a 8% ROI with $100 is about 30%. The ROR for playing 10+1 with 18% ROI and $100 bankroll is about 33%

So essentially, you can be getting double ROI with 4X the hourly wage and only a 3% larger chance of losing all your money.

Of course these results are just based on these particular figures, but you see my point. 10+1 is far and away the better option.

As far as bonus codes, If you intend on playing much at all, I'd find an affilliate willing to give rakeback instead. Trust me when I say that a few months domn the road you may really regret it if you don't.

Actually, now that I am thinking about it, this is what I would do. You need a bigger bankroll right now because either way, that 30%ish ROR can't be too comforting. Go to a party skin like Empire or Intertops or Pokernow and find the biggest, juiciest straight up $ bonus that you can find (check the classifieds on this site for a few good offers). This extra cash will help you get started. You might even do this a couple times to pump some life into your bankroll. When you are satisfied with having milked a few bonus offers and you are a bit healthier, cash it off and join Party through an affilliate who will give rakeback.

Regards
Brad S

outofstep
11-24-2004, 04:44 AM
Thanks for the insight. Since I haven't made a deposit to Paradise could I cash out and then cash back in with a bonus?

MrMon
11-24-2004, 05:01 AM
This may take you offline for a few weeks, but since bonuses are usually set at inital registration, you could cash out of Paradise with a check, then reregister under a new name. Probably not the best option, but the best I can come up with.

AleoMagus
11-24-2004, 08:38 AM
I think that I would stay away from Paradise for the time being.

The reason is that their bonuses take longer to clear than the party skins, and you are going to want a bonus that only partially needs to clear anyways.

$100 is not a huge bankroll with which to be playing .5/1 Limit poker and you are going to want a bonus where an affilliate will simply transfer you $50 (or more) straight away, on top of the bonus (probably another 20%) that you will also get.

With a site like a Party skin (Empire), this will only take a short time to clear and in no time, you will have built your roll to the $150-$170 range. Do this again on a second skin like Pokernow and you will be over $200

Now you have less fear about losing it all playing SNGs, so start a Party account with an affilliate who will give rakeback.

You will get another bonus for joining Party so play the required hands in a ring game.

Hopefully by this point you will be up to $250, and you are off and running for the $10+1 games.

If you find that you like Bonus whoring, and you might considering the size of your roll, then hold off on Party and start getting bonuses from everywhere.

Homer has an excellent thread that is worth checking out. You will notice though that I advise somewhat differently than he does in the sense that he thinks it is wise to leave the Party skins till last. I disagree simply because Those bonuses are so easy to clear and you can make money by practically folding every hand. In this way, you are not going to lose all your money trying to clear bonuses when you don't have the Bankroll to support your play.

Homer's Bonus Whoring Primer (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=inet&Number=1060198&Forum= All_Forums&Words=newbies&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Mai n=1060198&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=167&dater ange=1&newerval=1&newertype=y&olderval=&oldertype= &bodyprev=#Post1060198)

Still, that thread is Gold and you should take a look.

Regards
Brad S