PDA

View Full Version : AKo Hand for Review...

x2ski
11-24-2004, 02:00 AM
Given the flop action, how would you have reacted on the turn?

Correct guesses of both UTG+2's and MP2's hands, accurately given for each player, wins a free poker-related sticker for your sticking pleasure! Manufactured out of highly-quality vinyl, these beautiful sti... [fade out]

View Sticker Here ----> www.fdjones.com/pokerchip.htm (http://www.fdjones.com/pokerchip.htm)

UTG+2 is pretty darn solid, while MP2 is completely loose passive:

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, UTG folds, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (11.33 SB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 caps</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (11.66 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, Hero folds, UTG+2 calls.

River: (21.66 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 caps</font>, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 29.66 BB

Sidekick
11-24-2004, 02:12 AM
If UTG+2 is pretty darn solid then there are really only 3 hands I'd put him on given the preflop action, either TT, JJ or AK.

If MP2 is loose-passive then he could be on a huge range of hands. Given the way he came out betting I'd say Q9 would be most likely.

Given your reads I probably would have folded on the turn the first time the betting came around to me. When a loose-passive raises twice on a hand (once on the flop and again on the turn), then I have to think I'm badly beaten.

It's probably weak tight, but I don't like it when a really passive bettor keeps raising. Past experience indicates they have the nuts or very close to it.

x2ski
11-24-2004, 02:26 AM
I was kind of overwhelmed on the turn... sort of like a mini "one-hand only" semi-tilt... I try to avoid that.

ErrantNight
11-24-2004, 02:29 AM
a darn solid and a loose passive going absolutely ape-[censored]? i think that sounds like a recipe for bread. kneed for 5 minutes by carefully folding in the edges.

x2ski
11-24-2004, 02:33 AM
When?

ErrantNight
11-24-2004, 02:42 AM
on the turn when it comes to you... it looks to me like you're optimistically hoping for a Q and a chop in a really sunny sorta perspective... or the ever elusive "two card river" whichon a king AND an ace fall simultaneously, proceed to kick the crap out of turn, and look around threateningly asking if anyone else wants a piece, huh? HUH?!?

Grease
11-24-2004, 02:45 AM
What about UTG+1 having AQ and flopping the nut straight. That's the only logical thing I can put him on. If he's going to town on a loose passive like that, he's got the nuts. I would hope.

x2ski
11-24-2004, 02:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
or the ever elusive "two card river" whichon a king AND an ace fall simultaneously, proceed to kick the crap out of turn, and look around threateningly asking if anyone else wants a piece, huh? HUH?!?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yer damn skippy!

jclin
11-24-2004, 03:06 AM
PF:Pretty darn solid = A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif can still be enough for a raise, and enough not to 4-bet. Loose passive most likely doesn't have q9, that is too weak for a 2-bet call.

Flop: If 2 players go into a raising war with 3 cards 10 or above on the board, and I have your situation, I call the 2-bet, but not the 4-bet. Reason: You have 4 obvious outs (i.e. 4 Q's), but backdoor flush or one of your two opps holding a Q probably kills one out, so say 3 outs. Hitting A, then K is also probable, but small. 44:3 = 15:1 odds. So, if you 4-bet called, your 2 BB bets to probably win 30 in the end. Ah, but is it 30? No, b/c you'll probably split. Time to bail at 2-bet call at flop. It is all about POT ODDS and IMPLIED POT ODDS.

Definitely do not 3-bet on flop. You gain much more info when solid player 3-bets. Given the situation, I would probably have called the 4-bet if loose passive made it so, but that would be b/c I wouldn't have thought it through like above. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

If I had to guess what loose passive had, it would be KJ suited or AQ unsuited.

Last note: it truly is all about the outs. If your AK was suited, and one came on the board, 4-bet call would be ok on flop. In addition, 4-bet call on turn might be possible too if you are now 4-flushed. That situation is worth looking at, but I think I've fried my brain enough.