PDA

View Full Version : QQ vs. 2+2er......turn decision

MHarris
11-24-2004, 12:23 AM
CO is one of the most aggressive 2+2er's I've played with.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, <font color="CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO calls.

Flop: (9.33 SB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

Turn: (5.66 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero.....

a) calls and calls a bet on the river
b) folds
c) kicks himself in the groin

Fat Nicky
11-24-2004, 12:35 AM
Normally I would fold here. But is thsi 2+2er is really that aggro, calling down might be an option. Still, I would probably lay it down.

cnfuzzd
11-24-2004, 12:49 AM
You are behind. Hopefully, an aggressive 2+2 goes crazy on the flop with JJ or TT, possibly even KK. The action on the turn seems to indicate that you are against AA, AK, or KK. I would normally call and fold the river unimproved, since im against a 2+2er, but i want this 2+2er to stay just as aggressive, if not become more so, so i fold immediatly, hoping he takes more shots at me later.

peace

john nickle

Nick C
11-24-2004, 01:17 AM
I think Hero should either fold or call both the turn and the river. Hero's chances of improving aren't very good (if he's behind, only a queen helps him). I don't think Hero should continue unless he thinks there's a decent chance he's ahead.

I would fold the turn, unless I thought Villain would make plays against a preflop capper when a king hit the board on the turn. I guess if Villain thinks Hero wouldn't cap with AK because he might be behind and would just call with AA or KK heads-up for deception purposes, then Villain might be making a play. But I think it's more likely that the Villain either has TPTK or can beat it, so I would fold.

sthief09
11-24-2004, 04:40 AM
you're screwed

MHarris
11-24-2004, 07:53 AM
So you think I should kick myself in the groin?

nepenthe
11-24-2004, 09:29 AM
Hero calls the preflop 3-bet.

Hero check/calls the flop.

Hero check/raises the turn.

Boo. Yah.

spamuell
11-24-2004, 10:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Hero check/calls the flop.

Hero check/raises the turn.

Boo. Yah.

[/ QUOTE ]

This would be fairly bad. If he has AA/AK, he won't fold. If he has TT, JJ, AQs, you'd much rather let him take another stab because he's drawing thin-dead.

I could see your argument with 99, because obviously getting him to fold QQ-TT would be good. But with QQ? Why would you want to give your money away like that?

nepenthe
11-24-2004, 11:06 AM
Because to do so would be less painful, albeit not by much, than kicking yourself in the groin which the poster seems deservedly apt to do anytime now.

ˇOlé!

Walrus
11-24-2004, 11:20 AM
I think Hero should either fold or call both the turn and the river.

I agree. Normally, I have been calling down in these situations, but I think I need to start being more receptive to what this turn raise means.

MHarris
11-24-2004, 01:37 PM
As an interesting sidenote, I tried this line about 3 orbits earlier against this opponent. It was unsuccessful, and I think he's only capable of folding a worse hand than mine in that spot.

StellarWind
11-24-2004, 05:37 PM
d) realizes that he misplayed the hand and shouldn't be in this spot

[ QUOTE ]
CO is one of the most aggressive 2+2er's I've played with.

[/ QUOTE ]
Exactly how is betting the turn supposed to help you in this situation when a king hits? Betting the turn:

1) Allows him to fold the many 2-out or 3-out hands he could have.

2) Exposes you to frequent raises. At best you lose the substantial EV of two outs when you bet-fold instead of checkcalling. But we are all aware that you may also be losing the entire pot versus this player.

The better play is to check-call. It will be difficult for this player to resist betting his worse hands. You may easily make more money versus worse hands from inducing bets than from betting.