PDA

View Full Version : checkraising on the river with a flush

helpmeout
11-24-2004, 12:05 AM
I am noticing more and more that when I am out of position and hit my flush on the river I go for a checkraise and they dont bet!!

Does this happen to you guys often?

Is it just better to bet out?

Grisgra
11-24-2004, 12:14 AM
That third suited card is always a scary one. I rarely try to checkraise there.

Nikla
11-24-2004, 11:10 AM
As people get semi-good alot of them are obsessed by the "thin river valuebets", but they are not yet strong enough players to release to river check-raises, cause after all "it's just 1 more bet..". These are the ones you want to C-R river against.

grinin
11-24-2004, 11:44 AM
Ouch,

I resemble that remark.

In fact I was going to post a couple hands where I have been check raised on river when the third flush card came. Obviously helpmeout has not been sitting at the same 5-10 tables as it has been happening to me a lot recently.

Usually there is 8-12 BB in the pot. I have been calling the raise the majority of the time, but I can't remember the last time I caught a CR river bluff (this should tell me something). I assume the appropriate response is to fold the majority of time and only call the raise of the super aggros?

Or should I simply check behind and lose the thin river value bet that may not likely be called anyway since the flush came.

What about in the instance of a weak made hand like TPTK on flop but river brings overcard as well as the flush. I would imagine it is best to check behind because there is no way the better hand is going to fold.