PDA

View Full Version : Q9o and J9o in LP poll.

A_C_Slater
11-23-2004, 09:45 PM
ring game 9-10 handed loose passive. Assume a few limpers to you 2-5.

Shillx
11-23-2004, 09:46 PM
Fold um all.

ClaytonN
11-23-2004, 10:24 PM
Fold all. If folded to me, then I might go maniac and stuff... depends on the game

Entity
11-23-2004, 10:28 PM
I'm really surprised anyone voted call or raise on any of these.

A_C_Slater
11-23-2004, 11:58 PM
Well we all agree that J9s and Q9s are playable from MP right? And sometimes even UTG! Are they really that devalued just by being offsuited? Not even worth playing from the button for one bet? What if it was 6 or 7 handed?

Entity
11-24-2004, 12:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Well we all agree that J9s and Q9s are playable from MP right? And sometimes even UTG! Are they really that devalued just be being offsuited? Not even worth playing from the button for one bet?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, suitedness is that important, especially in multiway pots. I wouldn't be playing J9s or Q9s UTG in any games, though. They are playable in LMP or sometimes MP with passive opponents and lots of limpers.

Rob

Shillx
11-24-2004, 12:02 AM
I would never play Q9s/J9s UTG. But then again I almost never limp UTG (maybe QJs/KTs is worth a limp). I don't know if I would play Q9s much at all.

Shill

TheHip41
11-24-2004, 12:06 AM
all fold, all the time. If you wouldn't play QT, why would I you play Q9?

A_C_Slater
11-24-2004, 12:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would play QTo. But I do fold Q9o. You don't limp with QTo on the button ever?

BottlesOf
11-24-2004, 12:13 AM
Yea, not often though. Certainly not in a 5 handed pot...

I voted fold for all.

MarkL444
11-24-2004, 12:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Well we all agree that J9s and Q9s are playable from MP right? And sometimes even UTG! Are they really that devalued just by being offsuited? Not even worth playing from the button for one bet? What if it was 6 or 7 handed?

[/ QUOTE ]

are you gonna represent the D or what? cut this [censored] out.

read the bottom of pg 46 and pgs 58-59 in sshe 10 times out loud.

Entity
11-24-2004, 12:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would play QTo. But I do fold Q9o. You don't limp with QTo on the button ever?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not a fan of little offsuit broadway cards. People say JTo is profitable there -- whatever. JTo and QTo are hands I almost never play; KTo I'll raise to isolate a bad limper.

Rob

A_C_Slater
11-24-2004, 12:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

are you gonna represent the D or what? cut this [censored] out.

read the bottom of pg 46 and pgs 58-59 in sshe 10 times out loud.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see on page 59 he mentions Q9o to be about as bad as A4o!
I...I had no idea. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

I hope the D won't suffer for this.

afk
11-24-2004, 12:44 AM
I voted fold for all of them.

A_C_Slater
11-24-2004, 12:51 AM
I choose limp for J9o and Q9o on the button and fold in the CO position. I know see the fallacy of my judgment, which is good, that was the intent of the poll. I just wasn't sure. Now I will fold them all the time. I don't dare go against the herd.

afk
11-24-2004, 01:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I choose limp for J9o and Q9o on the button and fold in the CO position. I know see the fallacy of my judgment, which is good, that was the intent of the poll. I just wasn't sure. Now I will fold them all the time. I don't dare go against the herd.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps these are hands that an excellent post flop player could make some marginal winnings on in these positions. But I don't think any one of us in this forum (that's not a stab at anyone, but it's probably true) has that kind of postflop skill.

A_C_Slater
11-24-2004, 01:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps these are hands that an excellent post flop player could make some marginal winnings on in these positions. But I don't think any one of us in this forum (that's not a stab at anyone, but it's probably true) has that kind of postflop skill.

[/ QUOTE ]

If not people who search this forum and who are constantly trying to become better players than whom would be good enough to play these hands?

Kids who wear oakley's?

Entity
11-24-2004, 01:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If not people who search this forum and who are constantly trying to become better players than whom would be good enough to play these hands?

Kids who wear oakley's?

[/ QUOTE ]
Fish Daddy could probably get away with it, but very few of us could.

Rob