PDA

View Full Version : Just a quick checkup...

Entity
11-23-2004, 09:28 PM
SB is loose preflop and weak-tight postflop. Guys behind me fit the same description. Raise this preflop? (I didn't notice the poster until it was too late).

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. MP2 posts a blind of $2.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 (poster) checks, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls...

ErrantNight
11-23-2004, 09:34 PM
i would say raise or fold here... you don't have a particularly sound draw here... if you're going to continue, don't you want to clear out whatever outs you can?

i'm inclined to just give this one up, though... it's a reasonable size pot, the board is fairly coordinated (although you do have a backdoor nut flush... i wouldn't count the backdoor straight draw for much, if anything)

without knowing how much it's going to cost you to see the turn, and with a very marginal holding, i wouldn't invest any more money here.

Shillx
11-23-2004, 09:34 PM
Yeah I would raise vs. loose preflop limpers. Poster makes a raise even more attractive.

I'm ditching it on the flop here. The type of player you describe (Small Blind) would probably check/call a draw, right?

Brad

Grease
11-23-2004, 09:36 PM
I'd say raise it with the poster, but if he just limped normally, it would probably be close. I'd probably still raise though. I'm a LAG though.

Entity
11-23-2004, 09:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah I would raise vs. loose preflop limpers. Poster makes a raise even more attractive.

I'm ditching it on the flop here. The type of player you describe (Small Blind) would probably check/call a draw, right?

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah -- he'd check-call with a draw and bet with as little as 93o here.

Rob

ErrantNight
11-23-2004, 09:37 PM
all the more reason to get out

HajiShirazu
11-24-2004, 02:48 AM
I would raise preflop every time.
Since you didn't, fold here. The pot isn't big enough to go to war with just overs and a bd flush. If you do play, this is a good time to raise.

Entity
11-24-2004, 02:56 AM
Thanks guys. Definitely butchered this one.

Shillx
11-24-2004, 03:15 AM
Yo entity, what happened in that other hand where you had a flush on the turn and got bet into on the riv when the board paired???

Shill

pokerkai
11-24-2004, 03:39 AM
Id fold the flop, 5sb isnt enough to continue on with.

Calling is definitely the worst choice, raising is better but still wrong IMO.