PDA

View Full Version : 20/40 hand.....automatic river value bet?

vector2
11-23-2004, 08:16 PM
In a good, but relatively passive live 20/40 game. I haven't made that many moves and I've taken down a couple pots uncontested.

I pickup 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif-9/images/graemlins/spade.gif UTG. I raise. One LP caller. BB calls.

Flop:
8/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif

BB checks. I bet. LP calls. BB calls.

Turn:
K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

BB checks. I bet. LP calls. BB folds.

River:
6/images/graemlins/club.gif

Typically, this would be an easy value bet if the LP had given me some sort of action, but I find it difficult to put someone on a hand when all he did was call. Should I just put him on some intermediate pair or maybe JT and just bet out?

schroedy
11-23-2004, 08:25 PM
neither 77, nor A7 suited seems like a cold-call in the $20/$40 I play in, so I am betting and . . . probably . . . reraising if raised. 76s? I can't tilt at those kind of windmills.

KK is probably going to pump me preflop, on the flop or on the turn (or all three) so . . . what else?

If I get chopped with one of the 7 hands, I think I will feel comfortable that the chips will soon be back in circulation. If I run into a KK (VERY) slowplay, so be it.

Fianchetto
11-23-2004, 08:30 PM
You don't say much about LP in this hand, but in general: Yes, bet the river, and call a raise.

If it was the BB that was still in the hand I'd have to think about it a little more as he is more likely to have a 7 than a LP player that cold called your preflop raise, but I'd still bet the river.

The only reasonable hand that is beating you is 77, but many others will pay you off: AK, KQ, KJ, JJ, TT, T9s....etc

skp
11-23-2004, 08:42 PM
Well, if you put him on JT, you obviously should not bet.

But a busted JT and a hand with a 7 in it are just a few of the dozens of hands that he could have and call your bet with given that he may think that you might just have AK.

Add it all up and you should bet not only with 99 but also with A9.