PDA

View Full Version : Correct Fold?

nyc999
11-23-2004, 07:30 PM
Feared I was dominated on the flush draw. Any comments?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, Hero calls, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP2 folds, Hero folds, SB calls.

Chris Daddy Cool
11-23-2004, 07:33 PM
you should 3-bet this flop.

also you shouldn't overlimp with this hand after just one limper. you might consider raising preflop. in fact, i'm pretty sure i would.

nyc999
11-23-2004, 07:39 PM
There were actually two limpers before me...would you still raise?

Chris Daddy Cool
11-23-2004, 07:52 PM
yes, raising buys you the button and you have a pretty decent multiway hand.

LaggyLou
11-23-2004, 08:16 PM
My comment: Terrible fold. You are better than even money to make a flush, a pair better than 8s or a BD straight by the river. You have no particular reason to believe that a flush draw is out there at all, let alone a better one seeing that the action is FROM THE BLINDS!!

Bleah!
/images/graemlins/mad.gif

cowl
11-23-2004, 08:25 PM
I like calling preflop because this is a hand that plays better multiway. I disagree with the fold here though. Chances are you are playing agains a made set and if your flush card falls you have the best of it with action \guaranteed.

Entity
11-23-2004, 08:27 PM
I wouldn't hate raising preflop, but it isn't necessary either. Calling is fine.

The flop fold is somewhere beyond terrible. Really really really bad. 3-bet that mofo.

Rob

Malcom Reynolds
11-23-2004, 08:32 PM
Two overcards, flush draw, backdoor straight draw. That is a monster. 3-bet that flop!!

Aaron W.
11-23-2004, 08:35 PM
I'm confused.

[ QUOTE ]
also you shouldn't overlimp with this hand after just one limper. you might consider raising preflop. in fact, i'm pretty sure i would.

[/ QUOTE ]

Raise one limper. But in response to the comment that there in fact two limpers:

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Raise two limpers because it's a good multiway hand. But why raise one limper if you have a multiway hand? If you end up driving out the blinds, you're playing ten high in a heads up pot and all of your flush/straight equity goes away.

By the way, raise no limpers because you're first in and you're in the cutoff.

So... always raise T9s from the cutoff. (I don't actually believe this advice, but I'm pointing out that you're probably a little bit off here.)

Malcom Reynolds
11-23-2004, 08:37 PM

Does raising really buy you the button in .50/1 often enough for this to be a good play? I find that this gets cold called too often for this to be the main reason.

Also, the main argument for raising a suited connector in position is if your opponents are pot size aware and will chase their weak 5 out draws when you have a draw that will beat all of them, thus giving you more action.

But in the micros when they will give you that action anyway even in a small pot, you actually profit more by not raising here, by the Fundamental Theorem.

It's close though, I would raise JTs here. I would not raise 89s.

Entity
11-23-2004, 08:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Does raising really buy you the button in .50/1 often enough for this to be a good play? I find that this gets cold called too often for this to be the main reason.

Also, the main argument for raising a suited connector in position is if your opponents are pot size aware and will chase their weak 5 out draws when you have a draw that will beat all of them, thus giving you more action.

But in the micros when they will give you that action anyway even in a small pot, you actually profit more by not raising here, by the Fundamental Theorem.

It's close though, I would raise JTs here. I would not raise 89s.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, raising in the CO buys the button quite often enough to justify the raise here, I think. JTs is an easy raise and 89s a limp, so like I said, no real harm in raising T9s here.

Rob