PDA

View Full Version : KK, 4-straight on board....call this down?

MHarris
11-23-2004, 06:55 PM
I have 100 or so hands with UTG+1, and he's played every single one. He's slightly LAG PF but all over the place postflop.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (6.33 SB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (4.16 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.16 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.16 BB

Comments?

DataMiner
11-23-2004, 07:54 PM
Ordinarily, the turn bet would be scary, but even if he made two-pair on the turn, you have up to eight outs on the river.

Since he's all over the place postflop, call the turn raise, check and call the river bet. Once you call the turn, you pretty much need to call the river. There's too much money in the pot.

ErrantNight
11-23-2004, 10:01 PM
he's not all over the place postflop. villain check/raised the turn. that's a pretty standard play.

while i don't understand dataminer's response...

i agree, call down.