PDA

View Full Version : 4-color version of Pacific standard deck available

Beach-Whale
11-23-2004, 06:47 PM
I just made a 4-color version of the Pacific Poker standard deck, if anyone is interested. The clubs didn't come out that great (I have no real knowledge or skill when it comes to these things), but it will have to do (for now(?)).

Yes, I know that ChipLitre have made a mod with optional 4-color cards ( available here (http://www.chiplitre.com/) ), but I actually like the original graphics better, and just wanted a four-color deck.

To use, save the below images in your PacificPoker\Poker\media directory. Move the original images to some other directory first, in case you want them back later.

If you have an old version of the client, they might not work, for some reason that I do not understand.

Click these links to save or just look:

Save as "deck.bmp" (http://uploads.savefile.com/redir/29923.bmp)

Save as "deckBW.bmp" (http://uploads.savefile.com/redir/29925.bmp)

goodguy_1
11-23-2004, 07:42 PM
Pacifc really needs this ..the color contrast is horrible there..very good idea...how do you move the colored deck images you created to the Poker\media directory...I can't paste it from the bmp..do I need to use Paint?
no clue

I just figured out how to do it..right click on your links below and click "save target as"..save it to your desktop...and paste it into the directory....

just thought i'd follow thru on this if there are others out there not familiar with working with these files...

It works great!So much easier to follow..this has been a major problem for me playing on Pacific..thnx alot beach-whale

gila
11-23-2004, 09:20 PM
How do you paste into the dir?

whiskeytown
11-23-2004, 10:15 PM
I need to do the same thing for this Doyle's Room...

I miss 4 color decks

RB

Chip Litre
11-23-2004, 11:31 PM
Good work Beach!

Beach-Whale
11-24-2004, 05:47 AM
Just right-click the image to get a pop-up menu, choose "save image as..." (or something similar depending on the browser you use), browse to the correct directory (probably something like "C:\Program Files\PacificPoker\Poker\media\"), enter the correct file name (given in the link), and click save.

Since you seems to be a computer newbie, if you want the original back, you could just re-install the software. Not that it is hard to just move the original files somwhere else, and then move them back, but I am not going to describe that procedure in detail.

Beach-Whale
11-24-2004, 05:59 AM
I had forgotten that DR didn't have a 4-color deck either. It was a while since I played there now. And I'm not sure I will play there again, so my motivation to make a 4-color deck isn't the highest, especially as I'm no wizard with these graphics programs, so it takes a lot of time for me to get a result that is even acceptable in quality. But who knows, if I am bored one day...

Anyone else up to it?

And what's up anyway with these card rooms that do not have a 4-color deck? How hard can it be? If I can do it, they could do it in like probably an hour. Or less.

phixxx
11-24-2004, 07:00 AM
Kind of off topic, but are the Pacific Poker cards plastic? Or cardboard pieces of garbage?

maryfield48
11-24-2004, 09:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Kind of off topic, but are the Pacific Poker cards plastic? Or cardboard pieces of garbage?

[/ QUOTE ]

They're made from some new-fangled material called "beitz". They supposed to be crease-proof, impossible to tear or mark, never need washing, never wear out. You can't get replacement cards though, so make sure you never lose any.

Oh, and there is a very rare collector's edition that comes with a pattern map. Check ebay.

{Had this come from anyone with <200 posts to their name, I'd have taken the question literally. But you've been around too long for me to bite. Nevertheless, early nomination for POTD.}

dfscott
11-24-2004, 12:48 PM
Edit: I'm an idiot. Next time I'll read the whole post before posting.

Yads
11-24-2004, 01:50 PM
Now all they have to do is speed up the software and allow for multi tabling and we're set.

Beach-Whale
11-24-2004, 11:40 PM
Isn't there enough multi-tabling sites to choose from?

I think that there is room for a site that does not allow multi-tabling and poker-tracking.

Competition is meaningless if everyone sell only cherry-flavor.

But you are right about the speed. It's the animation that is the problem. They don't know how to animate more than one thing at a time.

dfscott
11-25-2004, 01:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Competition is meaningless if everyone sell only cherry-flavor.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but at least give us a cup that's bigger than 8 oz.