PDA

View Full Version : KQo flop/turn play: what say ye?

MHarris
11-23-2004, 06:36 PM
CO is on 1st orbit at this table, and I've never seen him before. He seems loose, has done a lot of cold-calling, and shows the potential to go too far with a weak hand.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds.

Flop: (5.33 SB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls.
I called here with the intention of check-raising the turn...

Turn: (4.66 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls.
....then decided he probably won't slow down anyway, so I bet out and got exactly what I wanted.

River: (12.66 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 20.66 BB

Results aside, what do you think of:
a) My decision to call the flop raise with the intention of c/r'ing the turn?
b) My decision to deviate from that plan?

Moozh
11-23-2004, 06:51 PM
The flop call is fine. I'd probably do the same thing.

The change in heart is really related to instinct, so it's hard to judge objectively. That said, I'd probably stick with the check-raise. If he's not going to slow down, he'll 3-bet you anyway. If he is going to slow down, you'll get an extra bet.

bernie
11-23-2004, 07:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He seems loose, has done a lot of cold-calling, and shows the potential to go too far with a weak hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is the potential related to his betting, or just his calling of weak hands? Many 'loose' players have tight betting/raising standards.

I don't like his cap on the turn. Im check/calling the river if i miss the river. I think he's clearly showing that he can beat AK on the turn. If you miss the river, are you betting out?

I'd have c/r the turn. Why? If he 3 bets this, you can put him on a pretty strong hand. C/r here is a strong move. If he 3 bets that, ill just call down, river permitting.

b

MHarris
11-23-2004, 07:19 PM
His potential was related to the fact that he played almost every hand and took them all to the river, no matter how many bets he was confronted with.

If I missed the river, I intended to check-call.

Incidentally, I figured him for a weaker K, and I didn't think he was capable of slowing down with trips, since he couldn't fold lesser hands previously.

I was wrong on my read....he held 66 for the 7th nut 2-pair. /images/graemlins/grin.gif