PDA

View Full Version : Flop a set HU. Slowplay or not?

PokerBob
11-23-2004, 06:19 PM
Please comment.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: (5 SB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (2.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

River: (6.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 8.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 8.50 BB, between Hero and SB.</font>

cold_cash
11-23-2004, 06:54 PM
It's impossible to know how to play this without having at least a small idea about what kind of player the SB is.

Regardless of that, against an "average" player:

Pre-flop: I dig.

Flop: You need to bet this. He expects you to bet, and he'll most likely call with lots of hands. (If you had AK in the same spot and bet I guarantee this guy would call. He'll call when you have TT, too.) Giving a free card here to a gutshot is asking for it -- and/or -- You've got him crushed, but he's thinking his A7/9J/88/QK, etc., might be good. All good reasons to bet.

Turn: Okay.

River: I'd raise and call a 3-bet. If he had a straight he would most likely got you again on the turn. Why'd you slow it down?

detruncate
11-23-2004, 06:54 PM
That's 4 posts on the first page without a single read. Do you have a perverse dislike for responses or something?

Chris Daddy Cool
11-23-2004, 07:13 PM
i don't see why you wouldn't bet this flop. you rasied pf. he expects you to bet this flop. checking is suspicious.

that said, raise the river.

also player reads please.

Malcom Reynolds
11-23-2004, 07:18 PM
Raise the river.

PokerBob
11-23-2004, 08:49 PM
SB shows 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif for the guthsot and MHING. I had no reads before, but now my notes say "retard".

PhatPots
11-23-2004, 10:01 PM
You should have raised that river. Don't be afraid of a straight HU

pointcount
11-23-2004, 10:33 PM
What does HU stand for? I've always wondered....

Greg J
11-23-2004, 10:37 PM
Heads up.

Add another vote for raise the river.

TheHip41
11-24-2004, 12:44 AM
its a crime not to raise this river

Freakin
11-24-2004, 02:19 AM
I'm avoiding a slowplay on this just like I'm avoiding a slowplay when a two-flush comes on the flop. The way I look at this hand (with no reads), if you bet the flop and a card he likes comes on the turn, he bets anyways (in which case your hand is hopefully still good), and you can raise. If a card he doesn't like comes on the turn, then with no reads I'm not expecting him to bet, and you missed out on your bet on the flop. FWIW, you gave him free odds to draw to his gutshot, and he got lucky. And raise the river.

Freakin

-------------------------------------------
Get a free flatscreen (http://www.freeflatscreens.com/?r=12271266). It's no 2001FP, but it will do.