PDA

View Full Version : AK but the flop misses me.

PokerBob
11-23-2004, 06:15 PM
I am TERRIBLE (I think) when I raise with AK and miss. Please comment.
Thanks, PBob

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, BB calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls, BB calls.

River: (13.75 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, BB calls.

Final Pot: 16.75 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 16.75 BB, between MP2, BB and Hero.</font>

deception5
11-23-2004, 06:29 PM
I think you played this fine... the turn raise makes me nervous as this person cold called your pfr, but the only likely hands ahead of you here are very slow played pocket jacks or kings. Also KJ if the player is loose (maybe even pocket 3's if they are really loose). Without a read on this player I think betting the turn and river is correct.

Curious to see what others think.

LowDown22
11-23-2004, 06:54 PM
I'm always a bit timid when they wake up on the turn like that. Personally, I think I'd call the turn raise, then bet the river if a non-diamond, non-Jack fell. Otherwise it looks fine.

Malcom Reynolds
11-23-2004, 07:27 PM
The flop hit you. What are you talking about? Ace high is good reasonably often in a shorthanded pot on a paired board.

The bet on the flop is often for value but beware turn raises as they often scream slowplayed trips.

You are either way ahead or way behind on the turn, I would just call the turn raise check call the river. That way you lose the least if you are behind, and still get an extra bet out of him if you are ahead.

I think the BB has a pocket pair here.

Chris Daddy Cool
11-23-2004, 07:31 PM
i wouldn't put it past players to coldcall pf with a 3 in their hand, but it's possible. that said, something like KQ is very likely, though i would be concerned about running into KJ. so i'm a little mixed about the turn 3-bet, but i think that overall it could be okay.

a line you might try employing is a stop n go on the river.

LeftBack
11-23-2004, 07:55 PM
Was reading SSH this afternoon, and three things stick out: the pot is basically small, the board is not too coordinated, and there's another caller behind you.

KJ, JJ, A3 are all realistic hands on this board, so I don't see the value in 3-betting the turn. MP2 and BB both have hands they'll play at 2:7/9, so where do you think you stand after MP2 raises? Call the turn.

There's no value in betting the river, either. Check/call for 1 BB to keep your sanity.

SlantNGo
11-23-2004, 08:04 PM
Flop: Good.
Turn: Good bet, call the raise.
River: Check/call.

That turn raise just smells of slowplayed trips but it's Kx often enough to call it down IMO.

PokerBob
11-23-2004, 08:38 PM
BB shows K5o. Other moron shows K8o and MHIG.

Rah
11-23-2004, 09:11 PM
K5o and K8o? And people thought KJo would be loose /images/graemlins/smile.gif