PDA

View Full Version : Blind Defense against LAG small stack

morgan180
11-23-2004, 05:59 PM
This guy was all-in on a number of unraised pots building his stack up from the 500s to 1000. I thought I had too weak of a holding to defend but thought he could be stealing with any two.

Thoughts?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Button (t475)
SB <font color="purple">(Stealy Dan)</font> (t1000)
Hero (t915)
UTG (t1265)
MP1 (t2120)
MP2 (t655)
CO (t1570)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB <font color="purple">(Stealy Dan)</font> raises to t400</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to t915 (All-In)</font>, SB <font color="purple">(Stealy Dan)</font> calls t515.

zephyr
11-23-2004, 06:14 PM
If you think he is capable of folding preflop, then I think this is a fine play. I may just call, with the intentions of pushing on any flop if checked to. I likely fold here though.

Only my opinion,

Zephyr

Irieguy
11-23-2004, 06:37 PM
If he was pushing before, why the min. raise now? I like your play more if Stealy had you marked as an easy hit, but hadn't been playing aggressively.

If you want to play here, I like a stop and go much better than a push. I would usually just fold, though. You are likely to run into a better chance to double up later.

Irieguy

morgan180
11-23-2004, 07:10 PM
He probably did have me peggged as exceptionally tight. I probably lost the last 3 rounds of blinds to his raises and had only played very few hands up to that point. Primarily because the cards sucked.

I think a fold is right here.

morgan180
11-24-2004, 01:05 AM
when he called and then flipped his cards up I was like wtf???

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Button (t475)
SB <font color="purple">(Stealy Dan)</font> (t1000)
Hero (t915)
UTG (t1265)
MP1 (t2120)
MP2 (t655)
CO (t1570)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB <font color="purple">(Stealy Dan)</font> raises to t400</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to t915 (All-In)</font>, SB <font color="purple">(Stealy Dan)</font> calls t515.

Flop: (t1830) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Turn: (t1830) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: (t1830) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t1830

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero has Kh 5d (one pair, sixes).
Stealy Dan has 5h 3h (one pair, sixes).
Outcome: Hero wins t1830. </font>

kalooki45
11-24-2004, 06:09 AM
I'm glad to see this question, cause it's a problem for me, too. I start feeling like Little Red Riding Hood at some games!

I play micros, and there seems to be at least one at every table. They are bigtime rag haulers, with a super aggressive style that gets quick results. I seldom see them at the end, though--generally they try it once too often and they're gone.
I wonder if my attitude is right--being a new player, it probably isn't, but I just figure that until the blinds are a big % of your stack, it's not worth defending with junk.

Against these guys, I tend to look at every hand as one I may have to go all-in with --and it makes me pretty picky!

I've been wanting to ask about blind defense, though...like how bad a hand do you defend with, as opposed to a hand you normally play? When they start getting high is when I start to worry--cause they really do eat you alive on those days when you aren't getting into many pots.