PDA

View Full Version : TT - what do I do?

Spicymoose
11-23-2004, 04:57 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (8.25 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, UTG+2 calls.

River: (10.25 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls.

Final Pot: 12.25 BB

Should I check the turn? Check the river? Should I be scared of 2 overcards?

sfer
11-23-2004, 05:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Should I check the turn? Check the river? Should I be scared of 2 overcards?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not checking the turn. On the river, the two overcards are less important that UTG+2's willingness to call river bets with weak hands.

edthayer
11-23-2004, 05:13 PM
My instincts tell me to check the river. A checkraise from your opponent seems highly unlikely, but would not be fun here.

Definitely bet the turn: you have good position, nobody is showing strength, you have a middle pair, gutshot, and a mediocre flush draw.

butters
11-23-2004, 05:21 PM
I'd keep betting until they give me a reason not to. The turn card gives you a bunch more outs (gutshot/flush draw), so I'd bet and call a raise.

UTG+2 coldcalls preflop and then check/calls the whole way. A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif8? A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif4? Something like 77 or 99?

Kluddeludde
11-23-2004, 05:32 PM
I think this one hits the muck preflop for me, especially without any read on the players. I can see 3-betting as a valid option, though.

I would play it as you did, up until the river where I would check. What hands do you expect him to call with that you beat? If he's a really bad player, I can see a bet on the river, though.

Kludde