PDA

View Full Version : How stupid was this?

Jaran
11-23-2004, 04:55 PM
Still very early in a session. UTG+2 seems solid, MP2 is lp-p, MP3 has just sat down w/in the last couple orbits, so no real read at all. My main concern is pf and flop. I felt kinda icky playing this hand.

-Jaran

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls.

Turn: (7.75 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls.

River: (9.75 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 folds.

Final Pot: 10.75 BB

Ajax410
11-23-2004, 05:02 PM
I strongly consider folding this pre-flop. I think the flop situation is a raise/fold instance...and I think I err on the side of caution and lay this down more often than I 3-bet...but there are a lot of players that will auto-raise after rasing pre-flop, so the 3-bet is probably a good move if MP3 is that type of player.

Alex

nyc999
11-23-2004, 05:04 PM
I would probably fold pre-flop, and would definitely fold after a re-raise on the flop. However, based on the rest of the hand, it looks that maybe MP3 held Ax of diamonds?

Edit that: didn't notice MP3's pre-flop raise. Doubt it's Ax, probably stronger.

sfer
11-23-2004, 05:20 PM
I'd fold preflop, especially against an unknown. Are you sure MP2 is loose-passive--a lot of players make this bet/fold to a raise move on the flop. I'm not sure I'd check/3-bet the flop. You let MP3 get away from pairs cheaply while getting capped when you're behind. It looks like you got lucky and squeezed an extra bet out of JJ that turned a gutshot. If MP2 is bad enough, I might just check/call to the river.

slickterp
11-23-2004, 05:29 PM
i don't see anything wrong here. once you're in, i think you played it right. i wouldn't fold this PF. this is, to me, a clear time for a blind defense if there was any, you're only calling one raise (you're BB, it's only one bet for you to call), and if you read UTG+2 as unlikely to reraise, then go for it. sure, it's tough w/ out a read on someone, but you can't always have a read on everyone.

dfscott
11-23-2004, 05:33 PM
I fold this pre-flop. When you flop TP with an ace, I'm even more concerned that I'm dominated (I'd much rather flop TP with a jack).

dfscott
11-23-2004, 05:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i don't see anything wrong here. once you're in, i think you played it right. i wouldn't fold this PF. this is, to me, a clear time for a blind defense if there was any, you're only calling one raise (you're BB, it's only one bet for you to call), and if you read UTG+2 as unlikely to reraise, then go for it. sure, it's tough w/ out a read on someone, but you can't always have a read on everyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you see this as a blind steal? There are already two people in, so why would MP3 raise without a decent hand? He's got to expect the others to come along.

sfer
11-23-2004, 05:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i wouldn't fold this PF. this is, to me, a clear time for a blind defense if there was any, you're only calling one raise (you're BB, it's only one bet for you to call), and if you read UTG+2 as unlikely to reraise, then go for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

There was a limper which makes the raise more likely to be legitimate. You're dominated by most legit raising hands (AA/KK/QQ/JJ/AK/AQ) or a slight dog (TT/99) or, at absolute best, a reasonable favorite to KQ. You have bad position relative to the aggressor. This is an easy fold.