PDA

View Full Version : Limit hold'em tournament hand

12-14-2001, 01:37 AM
$25 buy-in baby tourny. I just moved to a new table w/ T-chip about 2,250. We were playing 300-600 w/ blinds 150-300. I had Q-9 of spades at cut-off seat. All folded to me. I raised, trying to steal the blinds. Unfortunately button three-bet. Both blinds folded. I called, knowing I was behind. There was S2,250 in the pot.

Flop came Q, 10, X (rainbow). I checked, button bet, I raised, hoping he got something like AK. Button called. Turn J (suit unimportant). Now I had top pair w/ open-end staight draw, but drawing dead to his possible AK. I bet anyway(there was $3,450 in the pot). Button raised $100 more and all-in. I called, with only $25 left. Any comments? I'll post result later.

12-14-2001, 11:56 AM
I can't argue with anything you did. The only questionable play may be the initial steal on a table that you were just moved to.

Ken Poklitar

ohKanada@hotmail.com

12-14-2001, 03:29 PM
I agree with Ken, not much you can do once you raised that hand pre-flop. I can't argue with the preflop raise, but Ken is right that, although the blinds are worth stealing, you really don't know what kind of players you are up against at this point.

I would have probably passed this hand and waited another round to see who I'm facing.

Nicolas Fradet (The Prince)

12-15-2001, 05:50 PM
The button had pocket aces, and the reiver was a blank, so I lost that hand. Thanks for the comments.