PDA

View Full Version : QQ & tied to a truely glorious pot.

AdamL
11-23-2004, 02:58 PM
MP1 is a tight aggressive player similar to myself. When he 3-bets preflop I put him on AA-TT, AKs and AKo.

The J on the flop sucked, and left me hoping MP1 had AKs/AK or TT. When he continued to hammer on the flop, I got the sinking feeling. Thought about folding, but the pot gave me odds to draw to a set of queens.

I think if I had more confidence in my hand reading abilities, I would have found a place to fold in this hand. Probably on the turn. But the pot was huge and I thought I'd shoot myself if MP1 took the hand down with TT. The river was fugly, making TT the *only* hand I could beat that MP1 could hold, and with UTG+1 indicating he liked his hand on the turn I probably could have folded... but like I said, the pot was glorious.

I'm not sure how much content this hand has, but I'd like to know if anyone feels that a fold was in order despite the pot size.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB folds, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (22 SB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls $0.75 (All-In), Button calls, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, MP2 calls, Button folds, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (20.75 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players, 1 all-in)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

River: (28.75 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players, 1 all-in)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP2 folds, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 31.75 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 15.50 BB, between MP1, CO and UTG+1.</font>
<font color="green">Pot 2: 16.25 BB, between MP1 and UTG+1.</font>

DMBFan23
11-23-2004, 03:23 PM
I couldnt find a place to fold in this hand...though it sounds like you lost.

jrz1972
11-23-2004, 03:30 PM
It seems like you could chuck this on the turn. You're very likely behind and getting only 11.5-1 on your call (with the possibility of more raising to come).

Other than that, I have no objection to any street, except I would have capped pre-flop.

PokerBob
11-23-2004, 03:30 PM
IMO your turn call is horrific. You are getting 13:1 to draw to 2/46 Q's. By my math that is not good. Not to mention UTG+1 came to life when the turn hit. He easily could have limped PF with A4s. Not only are you behind here, IMO you could very well be drawing dead after the turn.

aeakos
11-23-2004, 03:33 PM
I would have put him on AA-TT also. After flop, I would also think it was possible for him to have powerhouse suited cards going for EV+ with the raises and flush draw.

Oh yea, straight draw...didn't see that at first. DOH!

PhatPots
11-23-2004, 04:02 PM
I would have capped that preflop. Once the flop is capped, I think I would call it down. If MP1 is tight/aggressive like you say, he would probably either have a set of Jacks or AA or KK. The only way you can fold this is if you give him credit for one of those. Other than that, it looks fine. You can't fold the turn, despite what the other people say. You can't give UTG credit for a straight because he would have 3 bet the turn (after the fact), but playing like that is playing scared. The river should worry..... if someone was on a flush draw, they made it. But for one more bet in this huge pot I would call it.