PDA

View Full Version : rgp vs 2+2 forum...

12-13-2001, 09:04 AM
would you ,in general, agree rgp gives more input into tourney play than this forum...????just wondering...gl

12-13-2001, 10:49 AM

12-13-2001, 12:53 PM

12-13-2001, 12:55 PM
...unless you want to know how to bitch and insult players to get to the final table...

12-13-2001, 02:24 PM
I think for HE limit/NL 2+2 does much better then RGP for tourney questions. Although there are a lot of big names on RGP they tend not to respond to tourney questions.

I have found that for stud or omaha hi/low we tend not to have a lot of responses on 2+2.

Ken Poklitar

ohKanada@hotmail.com

12-13-2001, 03:42 PM
rgp excells in B.S.

12-14-2001, 10:57 PM
I find both forums useful. I would have thought that it was in the NON-tournament area that RGP was more competitive. In any case, I read selected threads and I can get both into my schedule most of the time. Of course, I like UseNet in general and saw RGP first, so it had an advantage in the beginning.

--

Will in New Haven

12-24-2001, 06:06 PM
Having been a lurker and poster in RGP for years now I can tell you that BOTH are invaluable for tourney/strategy/ring game information and debate.

I have given David and Mason a LOT of flack in RGP for the "bad interface" and "pop-up ads" and the percieved censorship. Let me now thoughtfully reflect on those posts.

1.) The web-based forum (bbs) interface is slow and clumsy compared to usenet with any decent newsreader, but bearable.

2.) Chuck Weinstock informed me the other day that the pop-ups weren't here anymore. HOORAY!!!

3.) When I re-read all of the "censorship" posts about 2+2 on RGP I find myself re-thinking my position(s). While I am all for a free flow of ideas, at least one of the posters who has been "eliminated" from 2+2 is now using RGP to attack S&M&Z relentlessly. If he was doing that to me in MY forum, I would have acted likewise.

I will continue to be an "RGP'er" until there is no such group, or I go to the grave. I will also start spending more time here where the FLAMING is at a bare minimum.

Rick "DaVoice" Charles

rick@voiceofpoker.com