PDA

View Full Version : stupidly aggressive?

VBM
11-23-2004, 02:04 PM
i think i play too many hands; should i have just taken a fold or raise line w/ this PF? i'm out of position and there's been lots of discussion lately of KJo & KQo being dominated hands...

this was an early hand, so i didn't have a real read. but as the game progressed, villain is SSHE textbook-LAG. plays too many hands, goes too far with them.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, Hero calls, CO calls, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, SB calls, BB folds.

Turn: (3.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">SB caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: (12.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 14.50 BB

Entity
11-23-2004, 02:13 PM
This is a MUST raise preflop. Fold KJo in EP and some cases in MP when you still have a lot of players left to act (MP1, for example). Not in MP3.

Don't EVER open-limp in MP3. I can't think of a single situation where it'd be the correct play.

You aren't good on the river, but I guess you can call "for information." Flop and turn are fine.

k000k
11-23-2004, 02:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i think i play too many hands; should i have just taken a fold or raise line w/ this PF? i'm out of position and there's been lots of discussion lately of KJo &amp; KQo being dominated hands...

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't limp, it's either fold or raise.. MP3/1st in, I raise it if I think I can buy the button. I auto-fold KJo in just about any circumstance. I'd complete the SB or open-raise in a late position. MP3 is probably late enough, especially if there's a couple of tighties in the CO/BT.

meep_42
11-23-2004, 02:36 PM
Open-raise, fold the river.
If it were any card that didn't pair/trip the board, i'd call the river.

-d