PDA

View Full Version : Another funny turn checkraise.

PokerNoob
11-23-2004, 01:42 PM
5/10 Six players. Not too aggressive of a game preflop. Villian appears "speculative loose". I haven't seen him get aggressive on the turn with just a draw.

UTG folds, I openraise my Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, CO 3-bets, Button and SB fold, BB caps.

Flop is 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif

BB bets, I raise, CO folds, BB calls.

Turn is 10/images/graemlins/heart.gif [9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif]

BB checks, I bet, BB raises....

sqvirrel
11-23-2004, 02:41 PM
I think you are ahead here far more often than not. BB capped pf with what? AA, KK, AcKc, AQ, AcTc (doubtful), TT, 99 ...

Doubt very much he capped with KJ - even suited. Reraise.

Grisgra
11-23-2004, 02:54 PM
I think I agree. I'd strongly consider slowing down except that he capped pf. He could have done that with KJs, but something like AA or AK /images/graemlins/club.gif is going to play this the same. I think you gotta 3-bet.

But while it may be weak-tight, I strongly consider check-calling from here on out without that preflop action.

PokerNoob
11-23-2004, 03:41 PM
I badly wanted to 3-bet, but three things stopped me. 1) His speculative LAG blinds play, 2) the flop betting (he would 3-bet AA), and 3) his disdain for turn checkraising draws. I didn't want to be capped, even with 10 outs of my own and thought I might get more river action with a boat if I didn't scream set right here. Now if he 3-bet the flop, I'm standing on the table and shovelling in chips.

So I called. The river ragged off low and offsuit. He bet. I called because I think he does have AA or KK or something utterly bizzare enough times to make it a good call. He had KJ clubs.

Grisgra
11-23-2004, 04:03 PM
Good read then /images/graemlins/smile.gif. If you knew him to be a speculative LAG, and thought KJs was just as likely as AA or KK (or even more likely), then good slowdown.