PDA

View Full Version : Was I cheated?

12-12-2001, 06:25 PM
Every once in a while I play the fun play tournaments on pokerpages.com. There is an unlimited amount of participants and all players get 10,000 dollars in chips. Last week I played twice and got knocked out of the tournament both times with my hands.

The first tourney. Seventh hand. I'm in the big blind. 5 callers. I check with Q 3 offsuit.

Flop comes Q 3 10. I bet the pot and get two callers. blank on the turn, again I bet the pot.

One caller.

river comes a 3. leaving the board Q 3 10 x 3 giving me 3's full, I bet the pot, the other player raises all in. Should I have seen this coming???? He had pocket tens giving him tens full.

Tourney #2

I'm on the button and get dealt AA. 50 dollar big blind and theres 4 callers. I raise $500 and everyone calls. Should I have bet more????

Flop comes A 4 8 rainbow giving me a set of aces. Of course now I'm glad I have these callers. First player bets $200. 2 players fold and then the next player goes all in 10,500. I call of course, and the original bettor folds. The player went all in with J 10 offsuit, making me a very high favorite, I'm not exactly sure what the odds would be, but a Q came on the turn then a K on the river. Giving him a straight. I thought to myself that I might accuse someone of cheating if this were live play. Was I just a victim of bad luck??

12-12-2001, 06:56 PM
Aaron,

If you watch this game quite often, when a lot of players see the flop, a two pair hand pays off someone with a set. Remember that in an unraised pot with a lot of players someone may have flopped the nuts. You found this out by betting the hand, but don't call his all-in on the end. You should always consider in this situation that when you flop two pair and someone calls your bet on the flop they are most likely to have a set with the card that does not match yours. Don't get married to a two pair hand, try to figure out why you were called on the flop and turn.

Just bad luck on the other tourney. I don't think there is anything you can do.

12-12-2001, 07:00 PM
I think I would have been able to lay that hand down prior to the river giving me a 3, but you're right..... If I thought there was a chance that someone could have a set than the full house I had on the river should make no difference.

12-12-2001, 08:33 PM

12-12-2001, 09:00 PM
The first hand you were unlucky, u cannot do anything else.

The second hand you were unbelieveably unlucky but with that opposition I would have smooth called preflop and whether someone wanted to raise the pot then you had to put all your stack in. You have the best hand and let's them trying to drawout on you.

In a pokerpages tourney of 8 months ago, WSOP tourney, 6 players left, I raised all-in with A-A and other all-in caller (high stack like me) has K-K. Flop? A-Q-10, turn a blank river a Jack giving him a straight. What to do? Was I cheated? I don't think, I only had to eat my pc /images/smile.gif

Marco

12-12-2001, 10:02 PM
Who the hell would bother trying to manipulate a play money game???