PDA

View Full Version : Personality Types

Topflight
11-23-2004, 12:07 PM
I was just wondering if there is a dominant personality type for 2+2ers. I was ENTJ.

Take This Personality Test
http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

Disclaimer: I realize this would be more appropriate for the Psychology forum, but I'm more interested in the results/opinions of the posters I am frequently in contact with.

The once and future king
11-23-2004, 12:20 PM
ENTP

Matty
11-23-2004, 12:28 PM
INTP

Maybe you should make a poll.

I saw satistics on comparing personality types to chosen political parties on the internet a while ago, but I'm running out the door and don't have time to look it up.

ThaSaltCracka
11-23-2004, 12:31 PM
anyone want to guess what I am?

elwoodblues
11-23-2004, 12:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

13 year old girl? --- that was the biggest softball I've seen on this forum /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Clarkmeister
11-23-2004, 12:36 PM
There's like a 200+ reply thread on this exact topic in the psychology forum complete with a poll and everything.

ThaSaltCracka
11-23-2004, 12:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

13 year old girl? --- that was the biggest softball I've seen on this forum /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ] /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

ENTJ

The once and future king
11-23-2004, 12:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

TWAT. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Sorry couldnt resist.

ThaSaltCracka
11-23-2004, 12:43 PM
yes, these humorous acronyms and name callings are very funny, thanks guys.

I try to be serious for once and look what happens to me /images/graemlins/frown.gif

nicky g
11-23-2004, 12:45 PM
INFP. I think I answered no to every question.

astroglide
11-23-2004, 12:49 PM
ESTP (http://typelogic.com/estp.html). i'm in there with chuck yager, jack nicholson, and...joan cusack? wtf?

The once and future king
11-23-2004, 01:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
They sometimes confuse, even inadvertently hurt, those who don't understand or accept the concept of argument as a sport.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont know about the validity of these things but this rings oh so true.

As does of course:

[ QUOTE ]
Clever is the word that perhaps describes ENTPs best

[/ QUOTE ]

ThaSaltCracka
11-23-2004, 01:09 PM
FDR, Whoopi, Ace Ventura, and Stormin Norman are all apparently just like me.
/images/graemlins/grin.gif

M2d
11-23-2004, 01:33 PM
that'll learn you

CCass
11-23-2004, 05:10 PM
ESFJ...I know, I am wierd.

Famous ESFJ's - George Washington, Bill Clinton (guess I can look forward to wooden teeth and a hummer from a 20 year old when I get older), Steve Spurrier, Terry Bradshaw, and Leonard (Bones) McCoy.

Drac
11-23-2004, 05:23 PM
ENTJ

AngryCola
11-23-2004, 05:27 PM
Your Type is

INTJ

Strength of the preferences %

Introverted = 11
Intuitive = 56
Thinking = 11
Judging = 22

Qualitative analysis of your type formula

You are:
slightly expressed introvert

moderately expressed intuitive personality

slightly expressed thinking personality

slightly expressed judging personality

Who knows, I never know about these kinds of tests. Some of the questions I couldn't answer the way I would want to. /images/graemlins/spade.gif

NoChance
11-23-2004, 05:27 PM
INTJ

78-11-67-11

AngryCola
11-23-2004, 05:32 PM
I do like the description though:

"The Portrait of the Mastermind Rational (iNTj)"

"It is in their abilities that Masterminds differ from the other Rationals, while in most of their attitudes they are just like the others. However there is one attitude that sets them apart from other Rationals: they tend to be much more self-confident than the rest, having, for obscure reasons, developed a very strong will. They are rather rare, comprising no more than, say, one percent of the population. "

That sounds like me! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Noteable iNTjs:

Issac Newton
Fredriche Nietsche
Peter the Great
Steven Hawking
Dwight D. Eisenhower
Ayn Rand

Good company

Mars357
11-23-2004, 05:33 PM
ESFJ

Does this make me a pussy?

cnfuzzd
11-23-2004, 08:31 PM
""INTPs are pensive, analytical folks. They may venture so deeply into thought as to seem detached, and often actually are oblivious to the world around them.
Precise about their descriptions, INTPs will often correct others (or be sorely tempted to) if the shade of meaning is a bit off. While annoying to the less concise, this fine discrimination ability gives INTPs so inclined a natural advantage as, for example, grammarians and linguists.

INTPs are relatively easy-going and amenable to most anything until their principles are violated, about which they may become outspoken and inflexible. They prefer to return, however, to a reserved albeit benign ambiance, not wishing to make spectacles of themselves.

A major concern for INTPs is the haunting sense of impending failure. They spend considerable time second-guessing themselves. The open-endedness (from Perceiving) conjoined with the need for competence (NT) is expressed in a sense that one's conclusion may well be met by an equally plausible alternative solution, and that, after all, one may very well have overlooked some critical bit of data. An INTP arguing a point may very well be trying to convince himself as much as his opposition. In this way INTPs are markedly different from INTJs, who are much more confident in their competence and willing to act on their convictions. ""

i hate these things..

peace

john nickle

gamblore99
11-23-2004, 08:43 PM
I've taken a personlity test based on this same personality theory. it seems to be a pretty good system, but this is a horrible test for it.

Boris
11-23-2004, 08:44 PM
INTP

Dynasty
11-23-2004, 09:04 PM
I took a similar test in 1993 during an Organizational Behavior class in college. I got an INTJ then.

I just took the test again and got another INTJ (56, 78, 78, 33).

CCass
11-23-2004, 11:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ESFJ

Does this make me a pussy?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it puts you in good company.

vulturesrow
11-24-2004, 12:12 AM
ENTJ
100/22/33/11

"ENTJs have a natural tendency to marshall and direct. This may be expressed with the charm and finesse of a world leader or with the insensitivity of a cult leader."

I'll take cult leader thank you very much.

Clarkmeister
11-24-2004, 12:15 AM
You are an "I"? Get right outta town. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

I'm sure you'll be equally shocked to know that I'm an "E". /images/graemlins/laugh.gif