PDA

View Full Version : Variance, variance, variance

judgesmails
11-23-2004, 12:05 PM
Just thought I would post these recent tournament/SNG results to illustrate the degree of variance present in this game for those recent posters who are baffled by losing a couple of consecutive hands where they are the favorite.

Total # of Sit-N-Gos (SNG) = 150
SNG 1-78 win % = 19% (15 wins; win = 1st place of 9 entries)
SNG 79-150 win % = 3% (2 wins)

Multi-table tourneys

Total of 96 MTT
Tourneys 1-92 = 1% win percentage (took first once, average field size of 357)
Tourneys 93-96= 50% win percentage (took first twice against fields of 507 and 228 respectively)

This game can drive you crazy if you focus on short-term results (6 months or less). I don't think I played substantially better or worse comparing my winning results with my "losing" resluts. Quite frankly, when I was winning, my lead in the hands I played held up, or the valuable draw I was on hit. When I lost - vice versa. The only control you have in this game is are the bets you choose to make, call or fold. Please stop the whining over "bad beats" already. One hand's result is insignificant if YOU made the correct decision. You have very little control over your opponents actions.

tubbyspencer
11-24-2004, 12:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think I played substantially better or worse comparing my winning results with my "losing" resluts.

[/ QUOTE ]

If there's anything better than a slut, it's a reslut! /images/graemlins/smile.gif