PDA

View Full Version : How's this for a statistically unlikely sequence?

Hauser_III
11-23-2004, 11:50 AM
Yesterday at about 5:00 a.m., thanks to isomnia, I played a $30 7-stud hi lo SNG, and it was full of fairly good players. Very tight in level 6, with all 8 players left, and I made a bad bluff into a relatively small pot on 7th street that took me from over 800 chips down to 26. I'd like to think it was lack of sleep that led to the bad decision. Anyway, I was obviously all-in on the next hand, hit a wheel and went to 204, then ended up all-in on the next hand with a flush draw that hit, and was up to 608. Many, many hands later, I won the whole thing.

As unbelievable as that was, yesterday evening after work I played a $10 7-stud hi lo SNG, got down to 116 chips with 4 left, and ended up winning that tourney, too. Even at Party Poker, what are the odds against scraping felt to that degree in two consecutive tourneys, and coming in first in both? Just an incredible sequence of lucky draws at both tables.

citanul
11-23-2004, 12:10 PM
What's the point of this post?

citanul

Hauser_III
11-23-2004, 12:35 PM
I don't know; what's the point of yours? It's an anti-bad beat story, and a set of circumstances that I thought was extremely unusual. Please forgive me for violating your unposted rules and regulations regarding acceptable content for posts. Perhaps you should give me your e-mail, so that I can run my posts by you in the future, to see if they meet with your approval?

pshreck
11-23-2004, 02:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What's the point of this post?

citanul

[/ QUOTE ]

Seconded. Those things actually happen often if you play lots of SNGs. Statistically unlikely things happen all the time. I don't think Citanul meant to be cruel, but the post wasn't interesting nor would it bring up any good discussion... keep that in mind for future posts.