PDA

View Full Version : AJs on the button vs. aggro table (PF question)

Nak
11-23-2004, 11:49 AM
The action was fast and furious at this table. It was pretty LAG. So, I really thought about calling. What do you think? I tend to be tight to cold-calling after I raise.

Nak

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Nak is CO with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, Nak calls, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, MP1 folds, Nak folds, SB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (17 SB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (10 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls.

River: (12 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 14 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 14 BB, between SB and UTG+1.</font>

Entity
11-23-2004, 11:54 AM
Even at a laggy table, just fold preflop the first time around. Easy fold the second time around.

Rob

Nak
11-23-2004, 12:00 PM
Fold even the first time? I guess that this might be one of those WLLHE habits that I have to break.

Nak

btspider
11-23-2004, 12:02 PM
meh, it sucks but when you catch a draw or miracle flop against these guys they pay off huge. i think if you make the first cold-call (i'd probably fold*), that you should stick around to see the flop. it sucks that some players folded and just left their dead money. that took away some of his implied odds, but i think he has enough with these opponents to go for the flush or miracle.

i'd probably fold for 1 bet on the flop /images/graemlins/smile.gif

* reads on the button and blinds would help. If any of them are big LAGs, then look to fold.

deception5
11-23-2004, 12:07 PM
I'd have to agree - UTG will probably call the raise and there are already 3 people in for 2 bets. Unless you know that it's going to be reraised and re-reraised I think it's worth calling 2 here (and then 2 more when you are indeed raised and reraised)