PDA

View Full Version : Freeroll Tourney Strategy Help, Please…

12-11-2001, 01:27 PM
This weekend I am entered in a freeroll limit tounament at the Peppermill in Reno. To qualify one must have accumuated at least 100 hrs. of play to get T1000 in chips. For every 20 hours over, one gets an additional T100. I will start at or near the top with approx. T220 in chips. There will be 100+ players, half play Friday, half Saturday, with the final two tables plying Sunday. Tourney pays 7 or so places, Winner takes $7,500.

My question is would the additional chip advantage change your game stratagy?

Would you play tighter, or looser/more aggressive at the beginning?

I am not an experienced tourney player, and any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

12-11-2001, 03:27 PM
The players statr with T1000 NOT T100. I will have T2000...

12-11-2001, 10:38 PM
I would guess there's nothing to change really. Just imagine you're at some point an hour or so into the tourney, and you're ahead of the average stack at the time, and it should be about the same thing.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)

12-12-2001, 05:39 PM
I wouldn't change my standard tournament strategy at all based upon the extra 1K in chips. I would view them simply as an advantage that I had which would allow me to weather a severe rag run much better than those with only 1K starting chips. If, as U say, U are not an experience tournament player, it's probably pretty important that U begin to do some reading in order to appropriately differentiate/adjust your tournament game from proper ring game strategy.......