PDA

View Full Version : Disconnect Protect Abuser Snagged

cianosheehan
11-23-2004, 10:38 AM
I only saw him do it on two hands, but two hands was enough for me to report him to Party support. They responded in a timely manner, the content of which is below;

Dear Cian,

We appreciate you taking the time to report situations of alleged disconnect protection abuse at PartyPoker.com.

Starting with the hand histories wherein the player disconnected, we performed an investigation that would allow us to examine thoroughly the account in question (xxxx).

We have looked into the players records and collected all previous hands in which this player used the protection. Our goal was to look for a pattern where the player usually disconnects in key moments.

Some of the parameters we use when investigating possible protection abuse:
* The player's cards at the time of disconnection.
* The player's previous action (whether he was betting / raising) and also the actions of the other players at the time of disconnection.
* The benefit obtained by a player disconnecting.
* The timing of disconnection.
* A player's pattern of disconnections.
* Previous allegations made by other players and/or the system.

Using the information listed above we have investigated the history of the player thoroughly and have found that not only was the hand you reported suspicious but this player has shown a pattern of suspicious disconnects in the past. Based on this information we have taken away the disconnect protection privilege for this player. In the event he is disconnected in the future his hand will be folded. We have sent an email to the player informing him of the investigation.

We thank you for taking the time to report your suspicions. Keeping the games honest is our highest priority. If you need any clarifications or have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact us. We will be more than happy to assist you.

Best Regards,

Nicholas Bradman
Investigations Team
alerts@PartyPoker.com

Blarg
11-23-2004, 01:34 PM
Cool, but also scary. I have disconnected or timed out so many times when Pokertracker slowed down my computer, or just my lousy ISP disconnected me(which they all seem to do a few times a day). I worry sometimes if it can and will be misinterpreted.

B1GF1SHY
11-23-2004, 02:21 PM
Even if someone does report you it has to be pretty obvious to their investigation team, and only then do they take away your disconnect protect privileges. You won't be banned from Party or anything /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

MS Sunshine
11-23-2004, 05:38 PM
This hand got me steamed, also the other 6-8 all-ins this week. I know the policy, if there isn't a pattern Empire/Party aren't doing dick to the guy yet. Also they never move money to your account even he says what he is doing. This guy waited until right before( a few seconds left on clock) to type his chat asking me to show my hand on a fold then let his clock time out.

I'm a little steamed at Empire, because I've sent a couple of e-mails asking if they could tell me if he just failed to respond or if he was disconnected right there at the end. They continue to send be a form letter telling me their policies, but at least it is a differently worded form letter which doesn't answer my question.

Since I have both my wife's and my account always up for data mining, but I only play three games and I'm rarely on four lists or games. I've put Empire on penalty status for some period time. This means that Party gets a bigger share of my rake, and it's their policy, but it should hurt Empire more. I wish someone to feel my pain(exactly $61 worth) and someone that pays about $1000 in rake/week can get real upset when someone steals from them in one hand and in the next not say"srry" but complain about how bad my cards are. Even if he is right.

MS Sunshine

***** Hand History for Game 1210726153 *****
0/0 TexasHTGameTable (PL) - Mon Nov 22 20:04:37 EST 2004
Table Table 14446 (Real Money) -- Seat 2 is the button
Total number of players : 9
Seat 1: da_Ni ( $554.15)
Seat 2: Stomp77722 ( $397.5)
Seat 3: pnuthead ( $196)
Seat 4: DIUNI ( $101)
Seat 5: bighatmoney ( $402.9)
Seat 7: Cheddarmon ( $187.4)
Seat 8: MountainManD ( $0)
Seat 9: matt1948 ( $196)
Seat 10: coach60 ( $50)
pnuthead posts small blind (2)
bighatmoney posts big blind (4)
** Dealing down cards **
Cheddarmon folds.
matt1948 folds.
da_Ni folds.
Stomp77722 folds.
pnuthead raises (10) to 12
bighatmoney calls (8)
** Dealing Flop ** : [ Qc, Jd, Kd ]
pnuthead bets (10)
bighatmoney raises (20) to 20
pnuthead raises (50) to 60
bighatmoney: show your jacks?
bighatmoney could not respond in time.(disconnected)
bighatmoney Disconnect Protection enabled.
** Dealing Turn ** : [ 2s ]
** Dealing River ** : [ 7s ]
Creating Main Pot with $61 with bighatmoney
** Summary **
Main Pot: $61 | Side Pot 1: $40 | Rake: $3
Board: [ Qc Jd Kd 2s 7s ]
da_Ni balance $554.15, didn't bet (folded)
Stomp77722 balance $397.5, didn't bet (folded)
pnuthead balance $164, bet $72, collected $40, lost -$32 [ Ts 4c ] [ high card king -- Kd,Qc,Jd,Ts,7s ]
DIUNI balance $101, sits out
bighatmoney balance $431.9, bet $32, collected $61, net +$29 [ Qs Ks ] [ two pairs, kings and queens -- Ks,Kd,Qs,Qc,Jd ]
Cheddarmon balance $187.4, didn't bet (folded)
MountainManD balance $0, sits out
matt1948 balance $196, didn't bet (folded)
coach60 balance $50, sits out[/b]

M.B.E.
11-24-2004, 12:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Based on this information we have taken away the disconnect protection privilege for this player. In the event he is disconnected in the future his hand will be folded. We have sent an email to the player informing him of the investigation.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well that's certainly a deterrent to anyone else who might want to cheat in this way.

B1GF1SHY
11-24-2004, 12:36 AM
So YOU'RE pnuthead! /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

MS Sunshine
11-24-2004, 01:51 AM
Perhaps you have noticed my greatness before now?

MS Sunshine

p.s. Seeing as there is a vast difference in our style of play it is unlikely that we see eye to eye on proper strategy for the games we play in together.

stinkypete
11-24-2004, 02:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Cool, but also scary. I have disconnected or timed out so many times when Pokertracker slowed down my computer, or just my lousy ISP disconnected me(which they all seem to do a few times a day). I worry sometimes if it can and will be misinterpreted.

[/ QUOTE ]

if that's the case, you'll have a lot of disconnections where you didn't really gain at all, and at times you might disconnect when it would benefit you not to.

unless it's clear that it's beneficial to you most of the time when your connection "goes down", they're not gonna do anything.